Cookie Coin Purse Pattern

Tapanga

Hi all! Here is the Cookie Coin Purse that goes with the Cupcake Purse Pattern I posted last night. That is located at http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39446

This pattern works up in a matter of minutes, although sewing in the zipper took a bit longer. I hope you enjoy it!!

This pattern has NOT been tested, so let me know if you find any errors. Sorry for the big pic, I had all kinds of problems getting it posted for some reason.

Cookie Coin Purse

-Designed by Cynthia Gurisko 12/2006

CookieCoin.jpg

Yarn: Small amount of worsted weight yarn

Hook: H/5.00M

Skill: Beginner

Supplies: Small 7” zipper, small amount of dark brown felt, Super Glue

Cookie (make 2)

Round 1: Make an Adjustable Magic Ring, ch 2 (mark this a 1st dc), 12 dc into ring, join with slip st to 1st dc, pull ring tight.

Round 2: ch 2 (move stitch marker up as you go), 1dc in same st, 2 dc in remaining sts, join with sl st to first dc.

Round 3: ch 2, 1 dc in same st, *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st*, repeat from* around, join with sl st to first dc.

Round 4: ch 2, 1 dc in same st, *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 2 st*, repeat from * around, join with sl st to first dc.

Round 5: ch 2, 1 dc in same st, *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 3 st*, repeat from * around, join with sl st to first dc. Fasten off. Weave in all ends. DO NOT JOIN 2 COOKIES TOGETHER.

Trim zipper to desired length and sew to the inside of one of the cookies. Once completed, unzip the zipper (for ease of sewing) and sew the opposite side of the zipper to the remaining cookie circle. Now close the zipper and flip inside out. Stitch the 2 cookie sides together from the inside then flip right side out.

With the small amount of brown felt, cut small circles. Super glue the small felt circles onto one side in a random pattern.

You are all very welcome! I have to say these (both the purse and coin purse) worked up very quickly. I love the simplicity of the design, and I love that you can add you own bits to it. Like different colored felt for an "M & M" cookie, black yarn with white yarn to join and a white zipper for an Oreo. For the purse you can add some of the small thin tubular glass beads for "sprinkles" or use a fuzzy yarn for a whipped icing look. The possibilities are endless!

• 2 years later...

Archived