Cupcake Purse Pattern!

Tapanga

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine, Donna Dixon, also a Crochetville member, sent me the link to your cupcake pattern and I did it the first chance I got. Just so you know, I HATE written patterns 'cause they invariably give me a headache and I spend more time ripping out rows and rows of stitches than actually enjoying making the project.

Your pattern was SUCH a change that if I could, I'd make a BUNCH of these, but I don't have too many nieces or friends with girls. In any case, THANK YOU for a wonderfully clear pattern.

I made mine in ONE day while watching a couple of my fave cop shows.

You should be proud of your pattern. It's made this hooker VERY happy! Here's MY version of your cute purse: http://www.flickr.com/photos/iluminameluna/8508965439/

• 1 month later...

What a clever pattern!  That may go down as a classic like the cradle purse that has been so popular ever since the '70s when I made them.If I had a little girl to make one for, I'd do it.

I have to mention that the patterns people share on the Web make it hard to spend the money on crochet magazines and books (with the notable exceptions of Edie Eckman's book on borders and Suzanne Thompson's book of flowers), most of which seem to have little more than spinoffs of vintage patterns or newer stuff offered by crocheters online. I'm letting my one crochet magazine subscription lapse, because the patterns have seemed so tired.

But you're offering something fresh and new.

Archived