Tapanga

Cupcake Purse Pattern!

179 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing this pattern! It was quick and easy! I even made the strap to where you could wear it as a cross body purse :)

A friend of mine, Donna Dixon, also a Crochetville member, sent me the link to your cupcake pattern and I did it the first chance I got. Just so you know, I HATE written patterns 'cause they invariably give me a headache and I spend more time ripping out rows and rows of stitches than actually enjoying making the project.

Your pattern was SUCH a change that if I could, I'd make a BUNCH of these, but I don't have too many nieces or friends with girls. In any case, THANK YOU for a wonderfully clear pattern.

I made mine in ONE day while watching a couple of my fave cop shows.

You should be proud of your pattern. It's made this hooker VERY happy! Here's MY version of your cute purse: http://www.flickr.com/photos/iluminameluna/8508965439/

I'm a little confused about the straps. Do you tie the straps together or separately?

Do them seperately so when you pull the straps they cinch the purse together

Here are my cupcake purses

891853_430925690334992_1704174159_o_zps7

887289_430925083668386_1993218347_o_zpsb

859330_10151415879691406_2004024471_o_zp

What a clever pattern!  That may go down as a classic like the cradle purse that has been so popular ever since the '70s when I made them.If I had a little girl to make one for, I'd do it.

I have to mention that the patterns people share on the Web make it hard to spend the money on crochet magazines and books (with the notable exceptions of Edie Eckman's book on borders and Suzanne Thompson's book of flowers), most of which seem to have little more than spinoffs of vintage patterns or newer stuff offered by crocheters online. I'm letting my one crochet magazine subscription lapse, because the patterns have seemed so tired.

But you're offering something fresh and new.