Cupcake Purse Pattern!

Tapanga

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to: "How do I put attach the sprinkles?"

I use embroidery thread and sew them on in various places.

Thanks again Tapanga for a GREAT pattern! A couple of my friends in our knitting/crochet group, just made one...they are adorable. I made one for my granddaughter originally. Then, I made one for the 3 little girls at my Church...and now I'm making one for my cousins' daughter. It's a pattern that I will make over and over again!

Happy Crocheting!

Merry :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I made this on Saturday/Sunday (started at midnight) for a 2 yr. old's birthday present. It was PERFECT! She LOVED it, and it was simple and adorable! Thank you so much for sharing!

Hello I like to do theses Pretty Cupcake Purse can the Designer or someone thats made these Cupcake purse tell me how many chains they used to do the Pull String?Thats will help me out alote .Taking the guessing out and save on wasting yarn. Thanks

Hugs Joan,:hug

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Tapanga - i'm a bit confused with the "frosting" instructions on your cupcake purse - after making the bottom part it says fasten off etc. then it says "Top" then "with second color" then it begins round 1 - is something missing here? do i make a chain with the second color? do i just attach the second color to the "cake" itself? i'm lost - please explain. thanks so much. FoxyElle

• 3 weeks later...

That is one of the most adorable patterns I've ever seen! I will definitely have to try this out and add it to my stash, can't wait until my daughter is old enough to use something like this. Thanks so much for posting the pattern! You did a great job!

So I made one of these, as you can see. One addition I made was to add a felt bottom (also pictured). I cut a circle the same size as the base, blanket stitched around the circle, then stitched it in using a slip stitch. I just like the idea of the bottom not having holes, and being a little more stable.

post-51425-135897677736_thumb.jpg

post-51425-135897677739_thumb.jpg

Hi Tapanga - i'm a bit confused with the "frosting" instructions on your cupcake purse - after making the bottom part it says fasten off etc. then it says "Top" then "with second color" then it begins round 1 - is something missing here? do i make a chain with the second color? do i just attach the second color to the "cake" itself? i'm lost - please explain. thanks so much. FoxyElle

You just continue crocheting right on to the base you just made. You're really just switching colours, and continuing the pattern. It is all made in one piece.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just made this I didn't go up to the full rolls on the bottom part and on the tie I made a long chain then doubled that so that the handles would be stronger. On the inside I did one more round of like I was starting and stopped where it starts to bend up so it was extra strong on the bottom of the bag .I loved it thanks so much for the pattern

• 2 months later...

Fantastic pattern!! Reminds me of the baby in the baskets my grandmother made for me and my sisters. Also, of the vinyl purses she made when I was an adult. I think I have to have one of these as well as making one for each of my 6 granddaughters. Of course 3 of them will have to be a little more grown up as they are 16, 16 and 15. LOL Thanks for the pattern and the memories. They are welcome. Sylvia

• 1 month later...

Archived