Cupcake Purse Pattern!

Tapanga

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently making another one for my oldest daughter and I have one question. The strap part , when you tie it together, is the knot on the inside or ouside of the purse. I asked because the first purse I made I think I did the straps wrong when it came to weaving them in and knotting them. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's my cupcake purse with the top done with fun fur & sport yarn. I did't put the ruffle around it, cause I didn't think it needed it. What do all of you think - to ruffle or not to ruffle? Thanks, Dee

100_3155.jpg

• 1 month later...

I thought I would post and let you know that people are still using and appreciating your pattern. I'm going to make one for my granddaughter. It's so cute. Thankyou for this pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your pattern. I made this up for my granddaughter in nutmeg Caron on the bottom and Sea Coral (pretty pastel peachy color) on the top. I added scalloped (cluster) edge on the top and brown pony beads to make it look like sprinkles. I found that a plastic canvas circle fits the bottom perfectly and can be sewn into the back loops. This gives it some stability and helps it hold the shape. A cloth covered cardboard could be added as well as long as it was removed before washing. It would be possible to even create the sides in either cardboard or plastic canvas sewn to the bottom circle. Both types of materials could be made as a removable insert but helpful for holding the purse to a nice shape.

I will put up a picture as soon as I figure out how to do it. It looks like you need it uploaded to a URL and I only have it on my computer right now.

442b

Thank you for sharing your pattern. I made this up for my granddaughter in nutmeg Caron on the bottom and Sea Coral (pretty pastel peachy color) on the top. I added scalloped (cluster) edge on the top and brown pony beads to make it look like sprinkles. I found that a plastic canvas circle fits the bottom perfectly and can be sewn into the back loops. This gives it some stability and helps it hold the shape. A cloth covered cardboard could be added as well as long as it was removed before washing. It would be possible to even create the sides in either cardboard or plastic canvas sewn to the bottom circle. Both types of materials could be made as a removable insert but helpful for holding the purse to a nice shape.

I will put up a picture as soon as I figure out how to do it. It looks like you need it uploaded to a URL and I only have it on my computer right now.

442b

Wow, looks great. I often use plastic canvas to strengthen the sides and bottom for stability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived