Sort of depressing

I guess this sounds pretty ungrateful and nit-picking, but maybe these two things just jammed together in my head. I belong to a plastic canvas club from Annie's which costs $12.93 per shipment. In the last several shipments, there has been really nothing which says "Christmas" ornamental or otherwise. There are some nice patterns, true, but gee whiz, wouldn't you think that they would send some Christmas patterns in September or October shipments? Today's shipment, first thing I saw was a Halloween centerpiece. Go figure. Also, I have been downloading the Annie's once a day crochet patterns. Really, really cute Christmas patterns, but kind of late, I sure will have to plan on them next year. It occurs to me that somebody needs to do some re-thinking on holiday patterns. Its nice of them--the once a day thing, and doing business with them is good, but its just a disappointment that I don't have time to run up these things. Its so much fun to do Christmas things, but it does take some time to do the patterns right. Oh, well. Check out the Holly Afghan, Granny squares) Very pretty. We all have till 12:00 P. M. Eastern time(here anyway) to download it.

Here is a chance to also say, I just love this group and wish all of you, near and far a Merry Christmas and God's blessings on you and those you love.

Hugs, Bearsgrammy:manyheart

Just so you know, most, if not all, of the free-one-day-only patterns from Anniesattic.com can ALWAYS be found on freepatterns.com.

For instance, here is today's "one day only" pattern at freepatterns.com: Christmas Granny Afghan

But, it's still very blah that the holiday patterns, in general, aren't put out until November.

That is bizarre that they wouldn't send you anything for x-mas and would send Halloween stuff two months too late. Ugh. I suppose it could be worse- they could be sending you ugly stuff in plenty of time to make it ;)

In the last several shipments, there has been really nothing which says "Christmas" ornamental or otherwise. There are some nice patterns, true, but gee whiz, wouldn't you think that they would send some Christmas patterns in September or October shipments?

I wonder if that is intentional on their part. You've joined their club and they get your money, but they're betting that they can make some *more* money off of you and others by *not* giving you what they know you're probably looking for (Christmas patterns in time to make them for Christmas) and causing you to maybe *buy* Christmas patterns from them. I hate having to think that way, but it might just be true.

Archived