IE7 and Crochetville

Is anyone else having problems with Internet Explorer 7 when they come to the 'Ville?

Recently, it has been logging me out of the 'Ville every time I click on a link to change forums. I always click Remember Me when I log back in and this doesn't seem to help. Cleaning out my cookies and temp files seems to help for a few minutes then I'm back to battling to stay logged in.

I'm using Mozzila Firefox for today which means I can't see all the beautiful creations in the Show and Tell. For some strange reason, my Firefox doesn't like to show me images in a post or a blog.

Guess I'll keep playing with my settings until I get something right.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Edit: Okay, something I did to Firefox is finally allow me to view images in posts. Now if only I can fix IE.

I hope that you can get it figured out.

I use Firefox and I don't have any problems seeing the pictures here, it might be someting in your firefox settings...

I don't know anything about IE, I really don't like IE myself. I have had problems with it before I started using firefox.

Hmmm. I use IE7, and don't have a problem being remembered. Hope you get it straightened out! I know I'm in and out through the day/evening (unless I'm working), and it would be frustrating to have to retype my password and user ID each time!

Sally

My husband says that is possible that the settings have gotten a little mixed up. He suggests setting them back to original default to see if that would help.

Go to Tools

Click on Internet Options

Click on privacy tab

if available, click on default button

After that click on advance tab

click on restore advance settings.

This will put the settings back to original default settings of IE 7.

I'm also using IE 7 on all 3 of our computers and we aren't having this issue, so perhaps something got changed.

Try this and restart, then try to log on to Crochetville and see what happens.

Hope this helps....Feel free to PM if needed. I can call my hubby at work. He's in the office today and not traveling.:hug

I was anti-7 but started having application crashes so I upgraded when I had to reinstall anyway... once I disabled the anti-phishing and stuff like that, it's just fine... I think I'm actually, somehow, beginning to like a couple of its new behavoirs.

Haven't had any problem here, either; yep Christina is on the right track. Cookies are probably disabled.

I'll give some of the suggestions a try before I head off to bed. This is the first I've gotten a chance to get on my computer today. Between hubby, kids and training to be an assistant superintendant, I haven't had a sane moment since my first cup of coffee. I hope Christina and her hubby are right, I'll let you guys know.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Archived