Guess where I found wool roving?!

Tracey4610

At Hobby Lobby of all places!! They have it in all different colors, near where the needle-felting stuff is. There are 6 colors per package, and they're asking 7.99 for it. I forget the weight, but it's enough to make a small hank, I think. They have about 6 different color palettes, too! (i.e., vintage, primary, folk, pastel, etc.--I can't remember them all!!) Just thought I'd share!

That's great!! No more waiting till the next fiber fest is in town. Of course, we have plenty of farmers around but it means that you have to clean and card which I have never done. :think

Great! (now all I need is a Hobby Lobby closer than 100 miles!) Guess that's why I get raw fiber ...

It's not that bad to clean and card IF you start with a nice fleece from a fiber flock lthat has been tended with the handspinner in mind. I started with any ol fleece I could get my hands on. After the first time I purchased a fleece raised with the handspinners in mind, I got very particular with what fleeces I buy now.

A well-skirted, VM free fleece is a real joy to work with. When you have it cleaned and carded and spun and dyed and a project made from it .... well, I don't know how to describe the satisfaction!

Of course, having nice ready-to-spin / already-dyed roving is fantastic when you just HAVE to spin something while your fleece is drying ....

I wonder what type of sheep the roving from Hobby Lobby is ...

You don't have to wait for a fiber fest - I've gotten some real nice roving from shepardesses.

I went last night looking and nope, none of the workers even know what I was talking about. *sigh*

so we left with 1 skein sugar and cream for ds1, stickers for ds2, dd got nothing because she pitched a fit.

oh and I also got a kids loom set and nylon for the kids to play with too. *sigh* I am going thru spinning withdrawls:yarn :yarn:manyheart

Archived