Square donations needed for a friend with cancer...

mom4x

I have a dear friend that found out a month ago she had a rare form of cancer. She is a 23 year old mother of a three year old little boy. Her and her husband was trying to have another child with no success and then she felt a lump on her side. She went to have it checked out and they did an ultrasound and took a biopsy of the tumor. All on Thursday.. Well on Monday she found out the test results were cancer. She had surgeory that Wednesday. A full hysterectomy(spell??) and they had to remove some of her intestines and colon as well..and still could not get all of the tumor. They are hoping to kill the rest with chemo. She has to have a chemo session every three weeks for 18 weeks... All through the holidays... She had her first session 4 weeks ago and lost almost all of her hair already so she shaved what little she had left.. Her husband shaved his also and last night my husband shaved his.. to show support and strength... She had her 2nd treatment yesterday and I have yet to hear how that went. She is doing her best to stay strong through all of this with her loving husband, family and friends behind her. Its a REALLY hard time.

TO THE POINT... I am wanting to make her a comfortaghan to help her through the therapy and her rough days that will require her laying on the couch. I would appreciate any help and prayers as well for her a full recovery. I am going to do 8 inch squares in worsted weight yarn. I would like to do shades of pink ... for a cancer survior because I pray she will be...(even though its not breast I think it would still apply)

Thanks in advance and please feel free to email or pm me with any questions ... or to get my addy if you would like to contribute...

Hugs and Prayers

Misty

mom4x

colon cancer is blue, and ovaria/uterinian cancer is teal, along with the breast cancer being pink...maybe you could have a combination of all three if you choose to

Thanks...I had no clue. I think hers was a typr of ovarian/utereran...so teal would be the color...So any color will be great.. thanks...

Thanks guys... this really does make you think. I never dreamed of it happening so often in young women... She was doing great,,,no other symptoms until she found the knot... The dr said it was a really fast growing type of tumor..She is lucky that she found it when she did.

I sent everyone in the message so far a pm...let me know if you don't get it...

Do you want the tails woven in or left long for joining?

I only had enough to make two squares, but I'll send the rest of the skein (less than 1 square) for joining if you want. It's in Caron Simply Soft Victorian Rose.

Do you want the tails woven in or left long for joining?

I only had enough to make two squares, but I'll send the rest of the skein (less than 1 square) for joining if you want. It's in Caron Simply Soft Victorian Rose.

Great thanks SO MUCH.... It sounds like a beautiful color. As for the tail you can leave it long if you want...

Hugs

Misty

squares were sent out this morning,you should get them Monday

:ty :ty :jumpyay I got them.. THANK you they are beautiful. :manyheart Sorry I am a couple days late posting a thanks but had some things come up..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived