is this cute or not? i cant decide...

I saw this headband with earflaps here (click on the image to get a better view) and i cant decide if its cute or not.:think The thing I don't like is that It sort of looks like a hat with the top part cut off. the whole set is expensive too, I was going to try and make It, but now im not sure anymore.

so what do you think? :blush:D

wow. thats expensive... and its only half a hat! i, being the super cheap-o that i am, would find a free pattern online and adapt it, or measure around my head and make a wide headband, then attach earflaps to it.. maybe. heck i'd just make the whole hat, cuz why leave ur head unprotected from the elements if u were gonna go thru the trouble of putting that thing on anyway? a nonhat lol. im sorry if i sound harsh, i think the idea is cute but the fact that its 35 bucks is outrageous

I like it but would only wear it when I'm bicycling -- my ears freeze when it's cool outside and this would work with my bike helmet! I could see making it for a girl/woman who bikes, but I don't think that guys would be thrilled with anything that ties under the chin. :lol

Susan

I've seen patterns for Pantas, which are basically a wide headband... it gets wider over the ears, but they are not really ear flaps. I think they look better than the one in the picture. I'm not sure exactly where on the head the one in the picture would be worn?

Joan

When I lived where it got cold I did like to wear those wide headbands to keep my ears warm. Mine was even, but I did see some that had small ear flaps. The ties just look strange though. I would make a Panta and not do the ties - and I'd make the flaps smaller - just a dip to cover the ear.

Okay... Honest opinion.... If you turn the hat thing sideways it would make a really freaky thong with pom-poms:eek ... That was the first thing I saw when I looked at it... took me a minute to realize it was supposed to go on your head!:lol

Well...it is different:eek ...I guess that makes it cute in itself. At first I thought it was designed for skateboarders or BMXers:think ...but...the pompoms are not cool for guys:no !!!

that made me laugh :lol

thanks for all your opinions, i think i will try to make it and i like the idea of leaving off the ties, i think i can always find a time to use it. :)

Cute is in the eye of the beholder. If something bothers you about it, you may always feel bothered by it. With so many patterns from which to choose, I only go for the ones that I know I like like with out a doubt, and still there's more than I'd ever really be able to make.

If you're still really intrigued, then try tweaking the design or useing different yarn. It can make a huge difference.

Also, this headband is perfect for gals who love to wear a ponytail or a bun. When I had long hair (like 3feet long), I had to wear it up in the winter because any other style would just get frazzled by winter clothing and weather. I had several headbands like this one.

Okay... Honest opinion.... If you turn the hat thing sideways it would make a really freaky thong with pom-poms:eek ... That was the first thing I saw when I looked at it... took me a minute to realize it was supposed to go on your head!:lol

Paulette ;) My Dear you do entertain :lol

:lol that is funny:lol

waponswa, thats a good idea, and i didnt think of wearing it with a ponytail, i think that would be cute. thanks

Jjenjen

i might try and make up a pattern, im sure theres something out there we can tweak too, right now i have tons of christmas presents to finish, so maybe after i will try it....or maybe someone else would like to give it a try:yes

Took another look, just to be sure... actually I see an entire bathing suit now... wrap the long piece over the top parts, and use the "hat" piece accordingly! It's that elusive special garment that will take you from the ski slopes to the jaccuzzi!:lol A lady must be prepared:devil

:lol that is funny:lol

waponswa, thats a good idea, and i didnt think of wearing it with a ponytail, i think that would be cute. thanks

Jjenjen

i might try and make up a pattern, im sure theres something out there we can tweak too, right now i have tons of christmas presents to finish, so maybe after i will try it....or maybe someone else would like to give it a try:yes

Coolies , that would be awesome , fanx heaps . :manyheart

wow. thats expensive... and its only half a hat! i, being the super cheap-o that i am, would find a free pattern online and adapt it, or measure around my head and make a wide headband, then attach earflaps to it.. maybe. heck i'd just make the whole hat, cuz why leave ur head unprotected from the elements if u were gonna go thru the trouble of putting that thing on anyway? a nonhat lol. im sorry if i sound harsh, i think the idea is cute but the fact that its 35 bucks is outrageous

I agree with you!

Archived