Seahorse

Riohnna

I honestly don't know who did the pattern,,,when I had found it, I neglected to save the url. Someone did find it and sent me the link, but in my excitement, I deleted it!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very kewl - wouldn't a crochet top look keen w/them as an 'edging' all around the bottom!! You could alternate them - one turned left, one turned right - or turn them all the same direction - I'd try making a top like this if only I had the time!

Smiles, Louise

Boy, my mind went crazy last nite thinking about a crocheted top w/these sea horses all 'round the bottom as an edging - I pictured them in various bright colors around a shorter dark top &/or pastel colored top! Gosh, how'd I luv luv luv to make a top like that. Or even a white/ecru colored top w/all white/ecru sea horses or bright colors - just about anything would work! And any length of top too.

Smiles, Louise

A friend sent me a link to this seahorse but it was on one of those 'illegal-over-here-but-not-over-there' Russian sites full of copyrighted material. The seahorse pattern has been removed.

hey i just had a thought.(sometimes a dangerous thing! lol) since i have also searched for the seahorse pattern and cant find it and done a few searches on line with no luck. why dont we try and make a challenge out of this and figure out just how it was constructed and maybe Rhionna can let us know if we are on the right track? here is what i am seeing on how to reconstruct the seahorse.(by the way i love challenges like this!) if you start with a chain for his tail,(approx 55 chains) then right where his belly starts you increase double crochets and work up the row on his belly. (see where i mean?) this might be a start, i see the back is worked sideways and i would say that is done later after the belly and head, (and i would start working the sideways part of the back from the base of the tail up?) anyone game for helping me figure this out, as i also love this design!!!

by the way does the original pattern have a name of the designer or any other distinguishing things written on it to I.D. it perhaps? im sorry i know we are asking a lot of questions about it. i also wonder if the picture were posted on the "seeking patterns" forum if someone might be able to I.D. where it came from? just a thought. smiles, dani

Hi there, I'm new here, but I'm up to the challenge!;) Riohnna, I wonder if you could maybe take another picture with higher resolution? When I try to view the pic larger to count stitches it gets all blurry... saw your sea horse on photobucket first, it took me a while to find this group...and then I read all seven pages of this just to find out that no one knows the patter... that's sad... and something that must be corrected!

Beautiful work. Really inspired me to pick up a crochet hook again. Thanks!!! :manyheart

I figured out a baby seahorse. it's 2 1/2" big, really cute (I think : ) ). I don't have a camera, but I'll try to get over to a friends house someday who does. It's similar, but not quite as ornate. I'll gladly send directions to anyone who sends a love donation of any amount my way!

Karen Parker 1109 Mariaun Rd. Eunice, LA 70535

thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived