How do you limit yourself?

CLLinda

Most of the time (aobut 80%) I don't buy yarn unless I have a specific project in mind. Mind you, that doesn't mean I then start on said project and the project the yarn is for doesn't change 7 times before being used, but I try. At least now. When I first started I think I bought all the Lilly cotton yarn I could get my mits on. I'm still using it up, but I am down to about 4 balls now. Mostly what helps my limit is the fact that I only have 1 plastic bin thing for yarn and I really want it all to fit (not happening right now, but it's getting there). It also helps that the budget is very tight and since I'm the one that pays all the bills...... I know exactly how tight it really is.

My friend at work is really good about it. She has it figured into her budget for a specific amount each month and knows if she goes over, it means no eating out. I wish I was that good on my budget in general..... *sigh*

Your supposed to limit yourself???? :think:think:think

Just kidding...I can't...literally. Once I am there, I want to buy, buy, buy...despite the 8 huge bins of yarn and thread in the top of my closet. :blush

So, my philosophy...if I don't have the money and don't have a real reason for going to that type of a store...then I just don't go. Because if I go just to "browse around"...well, it's too late and the $$$ is spent.

I don't have a stash I just buy yarn when it is on sale, and for a project I need. We are on a tight budget and usually when I think I can buy some yarn something crops up dd will need something, the car will mess up, or one of us gets sick lol but Someone told me go to yard sales and you can find yarn can't wait for the weather to improve so I can look for yard sales

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived