Vintage edging bookmark?

heart

Ok, this bookmark I made for a vintage exchange some where else and I had such a hard time trying to find a true vintage bookmark pattern. So I took a vintage edging and crocheted it around a chain. Let me know what you think.

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o123/sarahsheart/?action=view&current=crochetcharity00002.jpg

P.S. I have not blocked it yet, it look lacier than it does on the pc.

very pretty.

i am with Darksi though, how do you know or justify vintage in the sense of making something?

Beautiful work and a good plan about using an edging. What does it take to be considered "Vintage"?

As far as I know anything (pattern, design, actual item ect...) 20 years or older is vintage. So even though the thread is obviously newer, the edging pattern is from the 40's I guess I'd say the design is vintage. We use vintage patterns for that exchange. Since I'm only 26, I don't exactly have 20 year old bookmarks to use!:P:hook

:) Thanks everyone!;)

I think it's pretty, but I don't know much about vintage things.:manyheart I think it would be a great gift.

Thanks!! (I don't know a lot there either) I just like the way the patterns look completed. I do collect the old pattern books though, Love those!:D

Archived