Edging question?

It depends on the afghan body. I've done just a plain single or double crochet. Mostly, I like shells or ruffles for girls. Boys, it depends. A "V" stitch or box stitch for two rounds.

:cheer The simplest thing is with some Eyelash Type yarn, SC evenly around the edges.

One row is enough.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

th_TradeMe173.jpgClick the picture.

I know this is a scarf but the idea is the same.

The Eyelash type yarn has the main colour in it so it looks very nice.

No offense but if I never see another ball of eyelash yarn it will still be 50 years too soon.

Sorry, But I have to K**t some pink and red eyelash into a hat and it just leaves me cold. Isn't it illegal in several states to put red and pink yarn on the same ball? :yuck:rofl

:cheer Darski,

Send your Eyelash yarn to me and I will knit it for you. I actually love to work with it.

I dont like when I make a mistake or drop a stitch but generally, I love it.

Of course, I only use it for my small, knitted scarves or for one row edging in SCs.

So soft a beautifully light and warm.

Here is a picture of a scarf.

One ball of yarn and an hour to make.

th_TradeMe243.jpg

I am serious, if you want me to knit a hat, send me a PM and I will send you the address to send the yarn to.

I would do it for free and send the finished items back to you right away.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

I love pink and red together too. Remember, you cannot get pink without red.:manyheart

I was trying to decide on what border to put on an afghan I am working on. It is done in rh ss sh. of dusk (blue varigated). The original pattern is on the bernat web site(calls for bernat masala but I changed that). The original pattern calls for 20 diagonal stitched squares joined together by whipstitching (invisible seem, in the same color). When I tried that it all blended together and I could distinguish one diamond from the next. So I decided to join them using white yarn and the slip stitch method of joining, so now it looks like framed diamonds, The afghan is for my teenage son. dh told me he thought it was too femine looking and thought I should put a dark blue border around it, so here I am. I ended up doing four rows of sc around the whole thing. I will post a pic later.

Thanks to everyone who answered.

=

Sorry, But I have to K**t some pink and red eyelash into a hat and it just leaves me cold. Isn't it illegal in several states to put red and pink yarn on the same ball? :yuck:rofl

Haha! but it felt soooo good to read this from somebody else. There's something about pink and red together- you either love it or hate it. I think I took too many classes on color theory to ever want to see them together.

I go thru phases with eyelash yarn where i love or hate it. Depends on if I find a color that just sings. I've been using some of the gorgeous flame colored eyelash yarns with all the reds, coppers and golds. In the end you can make a scarf that looks like a trail of fire. Good stuff.

If you ever need an edging on an afghan, there are books of just border patterns. I have a very old booklet (was 10 cents, new) for edges on hankies. I used regular yarn and made a lacy edge on a baby afghan. It need a little changing, but it worked fine.

Ellie 13

Archived