Wonderful Stash-busting Ornament Idea...:-)

Walking at the mall yesterday w/ dd and dh, we passed a window display of some really cute bulky-knit items. There were Christmas trees standing next to the mannequins, w/ nothing other than white lights and balls of yarn!I started :laughrollrolling (pun intended ;)) and showed dh, who :ohdear:blink:reyes. That's when I said, "Hey, at least you know there's a reason I keep a stash!" (FYI, no balls of yarn were hurt in this display...the outer end was knotted and a loop of ribbon attached in order to hang them from the trees..,)

Walking at the mall yesterday w/ dd and dh, we passed a window display of some really cute bulky-knit items. There were Christmas trees standing next to the mannequins, w/ nothing other than white lights and balls of yarn!I started :laughrollrolling (pun intended ;)) and showed dh, who :ohdear:blink:reyes. That's when I said, "Hey, at least you know there's a reason I keep a stash!" (FYI, no balls of yarn were hurt in this display...the outer end was knotted and a loop of ribbon attached in order to hang them from the trees..,)

I saw a store that did that too! It looked very nice, actually. I can't remember what store it was though. It wasn't a craft store.

In our town we have a Festival of Trees which benefits the Pediatric Department in the local hospital. Mary Maxim is one of the major contributors to the Festival of Trees and always do a nice big display with knitted/crochet items, etc. This year they had a 'main' tree and then a couple smaller trees around that had yarn hanging on them, not a lot just a couple strands draped on them. If I remember correctly a snowman (or something) was knitting. If I'd a thought I would of taken a picture and posted here.

I think an 8" yarn ball might be too heavy for most branches :U But if you got varying sized foam balls and just wound enough yarn to cover all of the foam and look like a yarn ball, well, that would work very well :U In fact, it reminds me of this ornament: http://members.aol.com/crochettalk2/croorn.html

We have a tree that is "the crochet tree" - all balls and crochet - but I don't think my husband would go for yarn ball ornaments. :U

Archived