Dora update Completed 3-22-05 Page 7 (Graph Afghan)

Tampa Doll

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to volunteer to be one of your grand-daughters too!!!!

That is going to be wonderful. My boy saw it and said it's dora!

This is turning out just so cute!! She is going to love it!

I made a pattern for Green Bay Packers and stitched it up for my nephew. But, I never heard/saw/thought of using bobbins! Are they special ones that hold a certain amount of yarn? I know I had 8 skeins at one point going. I would just turn one way, then the opposite each time so that I wouldn't tangle them.

I have 3 of these sort of afghan to make in the future. I'm interested in those bobbins!!

Thank you all for your encouragement with the Princess and Dora afghans.:ty

I haven't done anything like them in a long time.

Now as for the bobbins. I use the regular size bobbins . Now I was in Joann's the other day and they had real large ones for bulky yarn. I would advise getting them for a large amount of yarn. You won't have to wind yarn on the bobbin as often.

I find bobbins much easier to use, then using full hanks of yarn for each color. Less chance of getting tangled up.

Below is the Mary Maxim web site where you can see the bobbins. When you get there just put in bobbins for search and it will take you there. If you want to be ambitious, you could probable make you own.

plastic bobbins

Wow you have gotten very far with it. I started a spongebob and winnie the pooh but i cant go as fast as you because i have a 3 yr old and a one and a half yr old. They are both boys so you can about guess how much crocheting they let me do! LOL But I can always count on my 10 yr old daughter to help out some. My next one will be Dora .. my neighbors daughter says so! LOL

Anyway, I love your work, and you go so fast !!

:)

I do have one quick question. I was wondering if you carried along the black between the shoes in the first pic?

mary jo, oh wow that is awesome, your dora is going to be spectaular, i sent a copy of the picture to my sister and now SHE wants me to make my baby niece who is 2 a dora blankie too. did you make the pattern up yourself? is so cool. wonderful job. dora is coming to life as we speak!!!!!!! :yes :yes the baby abby goes 0h mama dora is on the putter. thats what she calls the computer. maybe this summer i can get to do something like that. let me know the pattern(if you have one) that you can share, i would love to make abby that for christmas next year. take care again AWESOME job:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool :wow droolvicki

Wow! That is just awesome! :clap

I don't know that I'd have the patience to do something that detailed, maybe someday. For now, I'll just live vicariously through you!

So what's next? Got any plans to top those incredible blankets? :devil

goldi

My blog

Archived