Swedish crochet hook???

crochetmama

I found this link where a young Swedish girl posted on Crafster about a cute purse she made. She posted a picture tutorial of how she crocheted her bead handles for the purse. Of course what I zeroed in on was the crochet hook she was using. I've never seen one like it before. It has a kind of a bend in it between the part you hold and the hook part. Here's the link: (Go down to the 6th reply which is where the tutorial starts).

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127917.0

Does anyone here have a clue what that is? I'd really love to get one just to try it out and say that I've used a Swedish crochet hook. I posted a message there on Crafster asking her about it. I thought I'd ask all the smart people at Crochetville as well.

Thanks for any information! :hook

I have a couple of Boye hooks with a bent head

File0001.jpg

This is one I bought myself, but I don't know if it is a flaw that slipped through or was manufactured that way. I have picked up a couple of others in my years of collecting.

It will be interesting to hear whether the lady on craftster bought her's that way or bent the hook herself. Please keep us posted.

Thank you ladies for the input. The lady from Sweden answered my post and said she had inherited her hook from her grandmother, and that all of the hooks sold in Sweden are normally straight like ours in the US (and apparently in Australia too, Mandys76). She thought it had become bent after all the years of use. Thanks, Mandys76, for the brand name.

Hooklady, I've never seen any bent hooks before, but if you bought it that way, I wonder how it got through their quality control checks? When you use the bent ones, how do they work compared to the straight ones? Is it easier to grab the thread or the same?

Again, thanks ladies for the information. :hook :hook

Archived