Bit of a problem

Do any of you have people you can't crochet for? I mean someone you sit down to make something for and no mater what it is..nothing goes right?

That person for me is my husband. I have crocheted hats, scarves blankets and even if he sits there...and I check over and over again..it ends up not being what he wants. Or to big or whatever.

It's frustrating. gah. I think I could crochet for the President and it would be fine. But the hubby and my yarn is all in knots.:think

Yup, I do and that is my daughter :reyes

Everytime I make something for her, she always finds something wrong with it and never wears it *sigh*:shrug

My hubby is the same way. Whenever I finish something he normally just rolls his eyes. He gives that condescending look like "yeah you crocheted/knitted a (fill-in-the-blank). Finally I made him an afghan that he won't even let me use because "You made that for me!". and even more shocking was when I made a round ripple with the Joann's Rainbow Boucle in black/white, for a wedding gift, he didn't want me to give it away, I had to go find more yarn and promise him I would make one for use.

Hats, mittens/gloves, sweaters....he's just a snob and doesn't like homemade things! I say TOUGH......I am still going to knit and crochet.

Its my Mom. She just doesn't like anything I make her.

She would never say that. I know because she doesn't wear or use any thing

Expect the dishcloth's :lol :lol

I will have to make her a bunch for Christmas.

Some people are really hard to make things for. :yespinkroses

I have only made baby clothes for my two great nephews and one of my nieces. My MIL loved to knit and would make sweaters for everyone, the only person that actually wore them was her husband. But then Mama was a very strong minded woman and of course BuBa had to live with her. So there was no getting out of it. She use to make outfits for my daughter when she would visit. And even as a four year old, my daughter would pull the outfit off and go running through the house screaming. At that point I realized that clothing wasn't something my family wanted me to crochet for them. Now scarfs, hats and blanket are fine.

Tracey

I think most of would agree that we have someone that we can't crochet for. My hubby is great and is always proud of whatever I make. He's extremely supportive.

My mom is very picky and since she crochets and is the one who taught me, she tends not to like my things. But she uses the dishcloths and hotpads I made in her motor home, so I know she shows me she loves me.

My grandmother is old school and doesn't give out compliments of any kind. So I gave up on crocheting for her.

My father-in-law and step-mother-in-law....well, they are snobs and most of the time don't use anything I make them. I made them an afghan once and quite frankly, it disappeared and I have no idea where it went. It was a multi strand afghan and cost quite a bit to make. So I decided they weren't worth my time crocheting for them. I buy them gifts now.

My mother-in-law is picky and doesn't wear the scarves or hats I made her, but she does love her afghans. She uses them when she's cold and they sit on her couches. So I guess you have to choose carefully what you make some people.

Everyone is different. But my children always say "Mom, can you make that for me?" "I love it mom" "Thanks Mom" And well, that's pricelss because they sure do grow up quickly. I will crochet for my children any day, anytime and anywhere. :manyheart

My youngest daughter. She's never happy with the colour or the design while I'm making it but if I do it in secret, she loves it. Thankfully, my older two daughters are constantly bringing me pictures of ponchos, pull-overs, skirts, clothing embellishments, hair accessories and begging me to make them.

The one person I'm scared to even start a project for is my MIL, or would she be my step-MIL because she's my hubby's step-mom? Regardless, I love her to death but I'm afraid to make something for her because she is a speed crocheter. Every time I go to see her, she's always crocheting something and wants to show me the five afghans she's already made since the last time I saw her. I'm always wondering how she does five afghans in a week as well as all her other craft projects, baking, etc she does on a daily basis.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Oh, this is a fun topic :)

I don't make many people many things for that very reason, but I have learned that I cannot crochet for 1) my aunt who crochets 2) my (former) knitting friend. The aunt doesn't want anything she could make herself, and my knitting friend didn't like anything she could have done herself but in knit (or as she put it, "better")

I am one of the lucky ones, they ALL would gobble up anything I made...

My hubby, he keeps asking , what is that? When I am crocheting, currently working on my holiday partner swap, and I say, oh its a dish cloth for you...lol..it doesn't even RESEMBLE a dishcloth, but you know what, he wishes it was..hehehe

lmao sorry this made me giggle... mental picture is killin' me :D

You don't know the half of it. My MIL ruled the roost. She was defiantly not the person to say no to, and if you did, you did had better be quick because if she wasn't close enough to smack you, she had a very good throwing arm. God I miss her, sadly she passed away in 2002.

Tracey

I made a round ripple with the Joann's Rainbow Boucle in black/white.

Did you post a picture of that?:droolI'd love to see that pattern with JRB!!!!!

I get a little uptight crocheting for anyone I love because I want it to be absolutely perfect so they'll be happy. I don't know why because none of them would care if it was lopsided and ugly, they're just happy to have something made with love. I try to keep that in mind. Sometimes it helps, but there's still that nagging little voice telling me it's not good enough. :devil

I made baby afghans for each niece, a nephew and cousins babies. Everyone loved them. I made matching rainbow scarves for my 4 nieces 2 Christmases ago. One was wearing her's this Thanksgiving! She says it's her faverite because it goes with any coat. I don't know about the others, but they all were happy when they got them. I take my crocheting everywhere and they always want to know what I'm working on.

Ellie 13

Archived