Cats Afghan - COMPLETED!!!

truelove730

That is so clever to sew a backing on instead of weaving the ends in. I started weaving the ends in last night. What a chore. It will take a long time but a little at a time and it will get done!

The stitch is two double crochet for every square. It goes really fast and I really am enjoying making it. I have 72 rows done now! :)

Thanks everyone for the comments.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as I saw what a gorgeous ghan you were making I downloaded the pattern and off to JoAnn's I went :cheer

I hope you don't mind but I love your colors soo much that I chose similar ones... I can't wait to start this evening!!

I don't mind at all. I love the colors too! I think you will find it lots of fun to work cause each line is something new and the pattern forms. Let me know if you have any questions. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. I could not stop crocheting to weave in the ends, finally did some before bed! :)

Can't wait to see yours!

:cheer Woohoo I'm glad I can see the picture now!!! I really like the afghan and I wouldn't worry that it is bigger than the pattern. :) Nothing wrong with a big afghan :D

Barbara

I always go a hook or 2 sizes bigger than the pattern calls for so my afghans will be bigger. I just buy extra yarn so I don't run out.

Except for the pillowghan I just started, don't think I need a square bigger than 12"

Okay I have done as many rows as the directions said and the afghan measures 52"lx56"w. So I will repeat another 23 rows of the pattern and that should finish it off. I spent three days weaving in 75 rows of ends and that was a relief to get done. Now I am doing it ever 15 rows or so. So here is an update picture of the afghan. The next pic will be the completed one. I really love the way this looks and can't wait to give it to my dad. Only wish I could see his face, but he is in FL.

Have a great day everyone!

7479881_7f737c27dc.jpg

Heather that's just gorgeous!!! Please tell me where you found that pattern because that would make an awesome long term project for me =) Hubby wants a blanket for when he goes back to sea and I think he might like that one =) (that gives me 2 years to finish... one year to crochet and another for weaving ends? rofl)

Marvie

That is one awesome throw! :manyheart If I wasn't on the verge of finishing the ripple ghan I've been making for my bf, I would have considered making this one for him - he LOVES cats! Maybe for his next birthday present - his bday was in January, so I'm already a tad late with this one... :ohdear:D

• 4 weeks later...

I took a few weeks off from this afghan to finish a few other things, but I picked it back up this week and finished it up!!!! YEAH! It is simply stunning in person. It measures 85"L x 57" w. Worked 117 rows. I used an I hook and two skeins of each color.

Here is the finished afghan!

10437016_3d55f1bb6b.jpg

Click to See Larger Pic

Here is a close up:

10437017_2c1ccd1988.jpg

Thank you everyone for previous comments.

Here is the link to the pattern again: Cats Afghan

Archived