suzan720

My First-Ever Snowflakes

Those are beautiful snowflakes! I've always wanted to do a garland of them for my RV but I don't like picky work. I think you have to have very nimble hands for this. :P

You guys are awesome i LOVE the ville. I get so much encouragement and praise here that I do not get here at home. My hubby doesn't really understand my obsession:no .

Hellen

Wonderful! :yay I would like to have these patterns.

The patterns for the smaller flakes came from the current issue of "Better Homes and Garden Simply Creative Crochet" The larger one was from a set of patterns about 20 years old that were my moms. They were put out by Simplicity. I thought it was a sewing pattern at first because it came packaged just like a sewing pattern and the patterns for the flakes was actually printed an that brown tissue like paper they use for sewing patterns.

Here is a link to an ebay auction for that pattern actually.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CROCHET-Christmas-Ornaments-Pattern-SNOWFLAKE-ANGEL-TOP_W0QQitemZ190058210830QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4159QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190058210830

Suzan

They turned out beautifully!!!! Great looking first snowflakes! I can't wait to see your first doily :hook

Isn't the "opally-metallic" thread great? I love using that thread (well, I use the Royalle metallic thread in white/pearl) for snowflakes, it gives it just enough sparkle without overwhelming the design of the flake :D

You have done perfect snowflakes. I like them all.

Beautiful!

:manyheart

:flake:flake:flake

I moved from flakes to doilies, too :)

Cheers,