Quilters wanted

I was just wondering if any of you that quilt as well as crochet have ever done a quilt using a string crocheted insert or applique onto squares that a blanket you were doing. I use to make quilts, I haven't done it in many many years, But as I was reading the Home thread and listened to so many list some of their other talents, in came into my head how beautiful and soft blue quilt with crocheted square over squares here and there would be. As another project is forming in my brain, I was wondering if something like this would be too hard to do. My little girl just got a new sewing machine with all these very cool stitch patterns. I could probably pry it away from her for a couple of months.

Tracey

Maybe after christmas I will start a CAL with string lace squares that can be used so many different ways. Then I can use the squares on a quilt. That one should be a nice long project. :) I remember my SIL in Greece makes squares to cover glasses while sitting out on the veranda. They look really nice and keep fly/ bees from going into untended drinks such as soda or wine. The nice thing is they don't have to match. Most of graph crocheted squares, some solid, some multi colored. She sent me a set one year, So I have the pattern. This place is so inspiring, I am so glad I finally found ya'll.

Tracey

Archived