What does it look like to you?

Hi Ladies,

I could really use your help. I am hooking a afghan for my sister. It is a 12" granny square that will be checkerboard design with a applique in some squares. Well, I got the first one done, and no one has managed to figure out what it is. To me it is very clear, so I don't know if I work with people that are not the sharpest tool in the shed, or you really can't tell. So I am posting a link to the square and asking ya'll what you think it is suppose to be. I appreciate any and all suggestions, and all of your help in this matter.

Cat.jpg

Tracey

It is obviously a cat - the mouse is a good idea

just a thought, you could make the whiskers in white or grey and move them back onto the cheeks more so your nose would help to identify the cat face.

It's a cute pattern but I guess reality is that if people don't 'get it' it does need some work - just don't give up it's really a great pattern.

Looks like an obvious kitty to me, although I agree with moving the whiskers back to make it reallly really obvious. Maybe bigger eyes?

Maybe the folks you've shown it too aren't exactly the brightest crayons in the box, though...;)

Thank ya'll so much. Yes it is suppose to be a cat. Maybe they were teasing me. So many said it looked like a rat. I added the whiskers, eye and collar afterwards. I plan on having several different cat positions to the afghan as it progresses. A little mouse would be cute. I will see about adding it in one of the lower squares. I am hoping that the whole blanket will kindof have the cats interreacting together. As this one is looking down, she will be in the middle or top of the blanket and the lower ones will be eating or playing. My black cat have here is my referrence as she is playiful and forever getting into things. That is her ignoring position, She really wants attention, but won't come up to you.

Yes, it's obviously a kittycat! Either the people at work were just messing with you (some people think that's funny - whatev) or they're just not-so-bright. Either way, I'd hesitate to bring anything else handmade to show them :P

I am hoping that the whole blanket will kindof have the cats interreacting together.
Oh, that's such a cute idea! Please post pics when it's done. You know we'll love it :hook

It would be neat to have a ball of yarn and yarn winding all over it as well. I would just surface crochet it in place after it was all done. Just a thought. We are crocheters after all and yarn and cats seem to be a given in our lives.

Darski,

Wow, what a great idea. Now you have put a great idea that I am already expanding on. What do you think of a mouse with the end of the yarn in his mouth and the yarn runs meanders through the afghan to the ball on the other end with a kitten/cat getting ready to pounce on it. Thanks

Tracey

that sounds like a awesome idea for the mouse and cat and yarn. those people can't see its a cat. what are they blind or something sheeesh it is so obvious.:eek :eek i can;t wait to see the afghan when done:hug :hug

So many said it looked like a rat. I added the whiskers, eye and collar afterwards.

I keep 'em as pets, and nope, I don't see it. LOL!

Maybe because there are no pink ears, and the tail isn't pink... :D

Ouch!! At first I posted that I thought it was a mouse at first glance, till I read through the thread, and decided I didn't want anybody to think I'm not too bright, I'm dumb, or need new glasses :lol, like that test of ink spots on a card, everybody sees something different. So I'll just say its a cat! Some see things differently, and it has nothing to do with their intelligence level. ;) I think its adorable, whatever you want it to be!!!

Archived