WIP Wednesday

Deb

My list is blessedly short.

1. Afghan (waiting for a yarn-run, hopefully Saturday)

2. Mini Mock-up of my jacket (waiting for Saturday as well, so I can get the doll I'm going to use as a model)

3. Shawl (need to get yarn as well, though this is carried at the craft store, so I'm walking there after class this morning)

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list is actually pretty short at this time. I am working feverishly to get 2 items done by next weekend.

I am finishing up baby booties for a baby shower this weekend (I already did the afghan and sweater) and I'm doing one last poncho that has to get mailed out up north with all of my families presents.

I still have a few more presents left to finish but these 2 have to get done quickly!

:think This week has been a heck of a one lol. Craft fair is this Saturday and so much to do!

Right now working on dish cloths have about 15 made so far and have to work in all the ends.

Need to put buttons on towel rings. Need to make some more chapstick holders. Could use some more scarfs.

I don't know how I am going to do it, but I will be happy with what I take seeing how this is my first fair. Wish me luck!!!

:eek

My current WIPs include:

1. Gift for my Holiday Exchange Partner

2. At least four scarves for Christmas (probably six!)

3. Mini-square Afghan (I've been working on this forever, but I don't think I'll touch it until Christmas is over).

I haven't even begun the scarves, so I have a lot of work cut out for me before Christmas!

• 4 months later...

it's not wed but i want to start posting my wips so maybe i can get them under control

ripple throw in rh soft - 40% done

beth's star afghan - 80%

baby bonnet and booties - 99% (just have to weave those ends in:eek )

baby it's cold outside sweater - 99% (just needs buttons!)

delta stitch wrap - 85%

My WIP's:

:hook Cathedral Rose Afghan

:hook 18" White Doily

:hook 16" Ecru Doily

:hook Pink cardigan sweater

I'll get the doilies done probably tonight or tomorrow. Then finish that sweater. Soon it will be to warm to wear it!!!:think

Ok, so it's Tuesday BUT my WIP for Wednesday is Beth's Little Star Afghan. My sister's water broke at 4:30 am this morning so my new nephew will be here SOON! :eek I just finished row 12 and I plan on going 20 rows total. Hopefully that will be big enough :think

Tina

This is WIP Wednesday.... on Tuesday lol

:hook Finish "Vanessa's Beaded Bag"

:hook Finish my little black bear I was working on

:hook Finish my white and blue bear that I'm working on

:hook Finish the light green bear I'm working on

:hook Finish a bear that I made... and don't like, so I took it apart to do over... that'll be done sometime lol

(These wont all be finished tomorrow but they'll be close lol

• 1 month later...

:hookHearts for Baby afhgan in Dreambaby DK (Plymouth Yarns) Pattern from Hooked on Crochet April, 2005:

157233137_f9d055b449_m.jpg157233143_819b650463_m.jpg

:hookAnd, the gauge swatch for Anna's Snips n Snails Overalls:

157223057_c2a56fe6df_m.jpg

Oh! I've actually been updating my blog with WIP pics. It's up to date right now, and it's Wednesday, so go check it out if you'd like to see my progress. :D I'm still just a newb so go easy on me. :hook

|

|

\/

Hmmm.. I hope to finish 2 comfort squares by Friday and get those in the mail.... a lapghan 1/2 finished... 3 preemie hats... 110 yo-yo's....and 3 more book marks....on the non crochet front I ahve a very cool purse int he works with black and pink polka dots... 2 tissue holders and a pin cushion made from an antique quilt...Oh.. and I am embroiderying vintage dish towels with 1940's motifs and I need to complete " Thursday"...5 scottie dog stuffies I just got the pattern for... and I am seriously considering buying a couple of patterns from folks here for future projects... best to keep those things" int he family":hook

Ok, I'm new at crocheting, so one project right now.

~Crocheted case for my hooks and tools~ should be done by tonight:clap

That's it. Maybe I'll be able to be like y'all and have multiple projects going one day!

~Kayla~

• 1 month later...

I have started working on my Grandmother's afghan, I am only going to work on it in the evenings. After the kids are in bed, Hubby likes to chill out playing video games. So I started watching the live feeds from the Big Brother 7 house. After a few minutes it dawned on me...why can't I sit here and crochet? So...I grabbed my basket and got started. I dubbed this afghan as my "live feed only" afghan. What I have done so far is from 2 nights of feeds...anyone else watching the House too?

187353169_9892c1c8a6.jpg

187353170_96e48e7a9d_m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see...

-felted tea cozy for my mom (FCEC pattern)

-spiral doily for my friend

-small doily for my mom

-shrug for myself (I think I should frog it and start over)

Need to:

start doily for doily swap

Things I want to do:

-cupcake's tea cozy for my mom

-tank top for myself (have yarn and pattern, just need to start)

-bathing suit top (have yarn, need pattern)

-other doily/motif patterns

My WIP Wednesday:

- a preemie-ghan. About 4" done.

- Prairie Star Afghan - over 102/108 diamonds done. Needs border, too.

- Peaches & cream lapghan - about 14" done.

- Gerber Daisy Afghans (two) - started 11th/80 squares

- Hex Scrapghan - 3 hexes done (of a million)

- MAM Wedding shower present (due 8/6) - started center of first strip today

I think that's it, but I might have missed something!

• 3 weeks later...

O.K. So I think this is where I should post this, lol. I have officialy started my very first project! I've been doing practice swatches in basic stitches like single, half double, double, and treble. So now I decided to just do simple 5 x 5 squares in hot pink and lime green yarn using the single crochet stitch, and then border them in a really pretty grey, and join them to make a blanket. I figure it will be really good practice for my technique and tension. Not to mention much more rewarding than just doing endless swatches and ripping them all out. Not sure what I'll do with it when I'm done, but it is one of my friends favorite color combos, so I guess we will see! Maybe one day I'll even attempt to work in the round (all my swatch attempts have been disasters) Thank you Crochetville, for giving me the inspiration to pick something I toyed with as a kid and run with it!

Glad to see everyone has numerous project going. I get annoyed with myself when I don't finish one before moving onto the next!

My WIPS:

1. Asian vest for myself
  2. Short-sleeved cardi for myself
  3. Toys: toucan, Japanese cat, cat sitting in a coffee cup, flamingo
  4. Cathedral Rose Window afghan (finished first section last night; now I have to weave in the ends and attach everything before starting the second section)
  5. repairing a scarf I sold to a coworker (yikes)

WIPs in my head (not yet started):

1. more toys (mostly birds)
  2. baby outfits (preemie, burial)
  3. babette blanket
  4. tons of sweater for me
  5. all the patterns I've bought on eBay yikes! including afghans galore, hummel figures (yes! in crochet!), chess set, bowling pins and ball

Should I ever leave the house again?

I don't have a blog but I do have WIPS and here they are:

Prayer shawl for church group 3/4's finished

Cat basket for my cat , 3/4's finished

Pink Afghan for my queen sized bed, 3/4's finished ( see a trend here?) too hot to work on now , so that will get started up again in the fall

Green Lapghan for family room, just about 6 more rows and the edging to finish off, again too hot to work on , will finish it in October or end of September.

That's it so far, but with all the new books and magazines I just got there may be more soon.

Wendyb532

I don't have a blog either, I might be able to put the button on my webshots.

~ sweater for my cousin's first birthday ~ 50%

~ caps for the capital ~ 5 caps, I may donate them to a hospital or women's shelter if the charity is too picky

~ Newbie crochet-a-long/ministry challenge squares~9 done

~ Afghan for my mom ~ need to do a lot more

My WIP Wednesday:

- a preemie-ghan. About 4" done.

- Prairie Star Afghan - over 102/108 diamonds done. Needs border, too.

- Peaches & cream lapghan - about 14" done.

- Gerber Daisy Afghans (two) - started 11th/80 squares

- Hex Scrapghan - 3 hexes done (of a million)

- MAM Wedding shower present (due 8/6) - started center of first strip today

I think that's it, but I might have missed something!

Krystal! You're doing the Prairie Star Afghan?! That's one of my favorites. Have you seen mine? I posted a thread here about it. It's also on my blog.

my wips...

well the ones i care about this week...

- 100% wool bag awaiting some form of handle

- good old jolly roger sweater still needs sleeves

- i started making a sock - it may never have a mate....

wow i think thats all for this week.

Next week i want to get started on the tea cosy swap and the fall bag swap and those will have priority over everything else :)