WIP Wednesday

Deb

Ack, Kari, don't talk about Christmas presents yet :eek I know I need to get busy but I am sooo not ready.

1. Daughter's afghan - DONE

2. Best friend's T&Q chenille afghan - ok, I don't like working with this stuff, no matter how wonderful it works up. 2/3 done and having to force myself to make progress :angry Never Again.

3. Inspired scarf - DONE

4. Kate's ripple afghan - got about 30" into it and :frog :frog ... just wasn't happy with it. Scratch this one.

5. Cathedral window afghan (still on hold, still looking at alternate color choices)

6. String bag x 2 - DONE

7. Round ripple baby afghan - DONE

8. Squares for Dman's comfortghan - DONE

9. Fisherman's crochet afghan for Mom (this one's going to be a long-term project!) - foundation row done and untouched since last week!

10. 14/35 Squares for the Random Square Swap

11. Draped Bedjacket for my daughter - started

12. Yet Another Baby Afghan - bought yarn, need to decide pattern, our friends need to stop getting pregnant already!

13. Housewarning gifts for friend - started a crocheted basket (barely!), chose yarn and pattern for afghan and ordered yarn.

I've had Family Issues this week, daughter's in hospital again (chronic health problems), son's roommate situation in college fell apart. Haven't gotten nearly as much crocheting done as I wanted. I'm doing well at stressing out, though :(

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh golly...quite a list this time....

1. still working on that darn afghan. I started it in Jan/Feb, still about halfway done
  2. openwork scarf with yarn from my SP :hug
  3. still need to assemble my trellis stitch poncho :blush
  4. mohair/ladder ribbon shawl
  5. lacy shawl
  6. spring cardigan (only the sleeves to go, yay!)
  7. knit long vest
  8. baroque jacket (still at the swatch stage)

and, pending the arrival of the yarn, the Alyssa top from Cool Crochet

and so so many WIMs, not to mention that I need to start on Christmas projects :eek

wedding filet - on hold indefinitely

63 squares - um, entered the land of UFOs, but maybe while I'm laid up?

letter pillows - 1/2 of 1 done, 5 more complete pillows to do

mittens - still need the handprints from Matt

mittens for me - not yet

lover's knot shawl - started, but lounging in a corner. Need to get to work on it.

red velvet shrug - became a wrap, 2/3 - 3/4 done?

mitch's jumper - lounging in the book, can't bring myself to work on it. :2frog ?

onesie - going to frog, just not happening

my ghan - 1/2 skein done, 1 1/2 skeins to go

hat and scarf for Amber - done

my hat (k) - done

baby hat (k) - need to sew up the back

my scarf (k) - frogged

preemie blanket (k) - 1/2 repeat done

my blanket (k) - have to find yarn

Forgot until Kimberly posted, I need to do i-c-h-e-l-l-e to go with the M that I did for my niece's wall! Time to go get some more pooh-bear yellow methinks...

Still working on those letters *finished I and L with H and W waiting in the wings

Cathedral window shawl *on hold until further notice...too darned hot to even think about a shawl right now

Mittens and socks *2 pairs of knitted socks completed in the last week cast on the third pair yesterday

It's been a non-productive week. Whenever I get a free minute I'm torn, do I crochet or read another chapter in the new HP book?:think

Baby Blanket - 3/4 of body done, still needs edging

Black Shawl - bought yarn to finish - almost 1/2 done,

Open Lace Scarf - I looked at the yarn again. :blush

Blanket for Daughter - Bought yarn, still hunting for a pattern

CHRISTMAS?!?!?!? I can't even go there yet. I have some yarn bought for Christmas and a few ideas, but nothing major yet.

I need a nanny and a cook, and a maid so I can do nothing but play with the kids and crochet all day!:hook

Myndie

I feel your pain - decisions/decisions. Crochet or HP or A good yarn (reading both right now). I've decided that from the hours of 8-11 (1 hour for crochet - 1 hour for HP and 1 hour for A good yarn)

Haven't exactly kept to that schedule -but I am trying.

• Knitted Baby Cardigan 70% done

• Knitted iPod Cozy (blue) 95% done

• Knitted iPod Cozy (pink) 30% done

• Pike Place Market Bag in hand dyed yarn 20% done

• Draped Bed Jacket 40% done, to be :frog today as I hate it, and it's for me

• Crocheted pencil bags (2) 35% done, after being reinvented

• Baby afghan... just realized has to be done in a week, at 0% but starting today!

Where does it all come from?!?

Wow. Is it Wednesday already?

1. STILL working on the blanket for my kids. Only 3 more squares to go.

2. Halter top for oldest daughter.

3. Hat for youngest daughter.

4. Doily

Frogged the halter top. Even after placing it up to her bare skin to make sure it fit, when I finished she says, "It's scratchy." :thair So I frogged it and was going to make her a headband. But because she's got an attitude right now, I've put it on hold.

The hat is finished.

I have been working on a gift for my mother for the holidays. Let's just say progress has been extremely slow. You can read about it on my blog.

I'm not reading HP, but since I'm on vacation this week, I've been catching up on reading and crocheting. I finished one project so far this week, a backpack for my DD's friend's birthday this weekend.

It's been a non-productive week. Whenever I get a free minute I'm torn, do I crochet or read another chapter in the new HP book?:think

Okay, time for me to take a minute to brag that my hubby is reading it to me while I crochet. :devil

Guest Crafterlady46

Have too many things going on and they will probably outlive me.

7/27/05

1. Rose Heart doily 100% -Sent

2. Filet Last supper 0% I dont' have size 20 thread.

3. Butterfly quilt 50%

4. Baby Set 10%

5. Rose Butterfly Doily 85%

6. My Doily Book 10% No change this week

7. Kitty Quilt Squares

The last supper will take me a lifetime. It's huge. I am making it out of ecru color thread. Not crazy about working with it.

• 2 weeks later...

#32 of 35 Squares for Swap

An Angel Dishcloth

Round Ripple baby Afghan (I may be frogging this one, it's getting too frustrating)

Getting the yarn for my first BIG project, a full sized afghan from a book I got from a Crochet Fairy :clap

2. Best friend's T&Q chenille afghan - stuck at 2/3 done

5. Cathedral window afghan (still on hold and coming off this list until it's off hold)

9. Fisherman's crochet afghan for Mom (this one's going to be a long-term project!) - foundation row done and untouched since last week!

10. 19/35 Squares for Blue Squares Too

11. Draped Bedjacket for my daughter - 50%

12. Blue Hooded Baby Afghan for baby Ryan - 70%

13. Housewarming gifts for friend Cathy -

a. Gift Basket, 25%

b. Kitchen set - potholder DONE, dishcloth DONE, towel ring not started yet

c. Afghan - barely started

16. 6" Squares for comfortghans for Yarnlover66's family - 4 promised, will try for 8, 2 done so far

1. Daughter's afghan - DONE

3. Inspired scarf - DONE

4. Kate's ripple afghan - :frog :frog

6. String bag x 2 - DONE

7. Round ripple baby afghan - DONE

8. Squares for Dman's comfortghan - DONE

14. Snowflakes in July - 15 + a bookmark - DONE

15. Crocheted Hook Holder - DONE

My son told a woman in WalMart today, very seriously, that I have Crafter's ADD. She very seriously wondered whether she might have it too (this after we had exchanged pattern websites and compared the crafting supplies we were buying while standing in line). I laughed all the way home.

Alright-- this is the first time I've needed to write down all my WIPs

1. Another afghan for me using Caron's simply soft in dk country blue and variegated brocade

2. scarf for my nephew in the saints colors (Christmas)

3. scarf for my mom in this velvet yarn that was on clearance at AC moore- London print (Christmas)

4. Scarf for my sister in the same velevety yarn-emerald green (Christmas)

5. Scarf for myself in a black and white ribbon yarn

6. blanket using some brown string i have

7. blanket for mother in law

at some point i gotta do a blanket for my parents!

I suppose its not so much a WIP list as it is a to do list!

1. My ripple

2. Brynn's blanket for her baby. (Four months to do it, don't know why I'm working so hard at it now.)

3. Mom's gloves.

4. Erika's wrap.

5. Ashley's scarf.

6. My Petite Pineapple doily.

7. My SANITY!

• 3 weeks later...

... Here's what I've been up to....

WIP Wednesday Blog Post

I figured I'd just post the entire blog entry,complete with photos...by the way how do I do the coding so the button will work???

Thanks! And happy stitching everybody!!!

Nita

Please don't remind me of all the WIPs I have. I get sick just thinking about it. When I do have time to crochet, what do I do? Start a NEW project instead of working on my WIPs. But basically, I still have the same WIPs that I posted on before. :rofl I need someone to :kick me into finishing my WIPs. :devil

I hope you're going to share the MAM pattern...I can't seem to get enough of those! LOL..but, if not...that's okay too...Just thought I'd ask!

Nita