Comfortghan for 12 yr old girl whose gramma passed

funkyreporter

That is so beautiful! I love all the different shades of purple (I want a purple afghan now...). :cheer to the participants and :clap to Paulette for doing such a great job putting it together!

Oh I love it...she's going to have puppies when she sees it! :D

I have never heard that expression, though I think I understand what you mean. :lol

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, that turned out so pretty!! And the love just oozes from every square. :lol:manyheart

Yes, it was oozing love, Shelle, which made putting it together rather challenging, having to clean up all the love ooze, but somehow I managed!:hook With hook in hand I trudged through.

I'd never heard that term either "gonna have puppies" but that's pretty cute! Looks like it may be tomorrow that I give it to her, since they're still gone at Disneyland, and I'm assuming they're gonna 'close the place down'. Actually haven't seen my daughter Tara in three days - I think she moved in across the street at Maggie's... I'll have to invite her home soon - maybe tomorrow I'll trick her into coming home by calling both girls over to give Maggie the afghan and then I'll block the door before Tara can leave again:devil .

Two things... no, three things:

1) I talked to Maggie's mom after they got back from Disneyland on the 3rd (Maggie's b-day) and mentioned I wanted to give her the afghan but it was pretty late (past 10:00 p.m.) and mom said, "Oh, she's so excited about it - she keeps telling me you're making her an afghan, and blah blah blah," so I told her about Crochetville and how all of YOU (Us) made her the afghan.

2) Tara GAVE HER THE AFGHAN TODAY WHILE I WAS AT WORK!!!! No pictures, nothing, nada, zilch.:( I didn't even get to see her get it or see her reaction... I'm so sorry I don't have pictures to post, but perhaps I'll walk across the street with the camera and say, "Maggie, look surprised and grateful abou the afghan while I take some pictures!" and I'm sure she will:D

3) Tara has now ORDERED an afghan! last night i was fooling around with some new yarn, just checking it out, seeing how it stitched up (does anybody else do that - make swatches and shells and stuff to see how the yarn is going to act before you decide what it should be?) anyway, Tara says, "What are you making?" and I said, "Thinking about making an afghan. Why?" and she just gave me this look and said, "For who?" and I said, "For you, of course!" and she got a big 'ol smile on her face and climbed up on me which made it impossible to crochet but how can you turn down a big hug from your teenager:hug

Ha ha ha Tara's so cute jumping up on your lap like that!

I'm so sorry you weren't able to get pictures. I bet she loves it and you should still get photos anyway for us all PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!:grin:flower:hug

Ditto!

Children... Impatient? NEVER!!!! :)

That is too bad, it would have been cool to see... I like idea of having her look surprised...

You could go over there and tell here "OOPS, Sorry, that is for another Maggie!" ;) That would be a picture for sure.

Children... Impatient? NEVER!!!! :)

That is too bad, it would have been cool to see... I like idea of having her look surprised...

You could go over there and tell here "OOPS, Sorry, that is for another Maggie!" ;) That would be a picture for sure.

:rofl *** That would be so so so funny! Mean yes, but the look would be priceless!!:rofl

:rofl *** That would be so so so funny! Mean yes, but the look would be priceless!!:rofl

Actually.... Maggie (Margaret) is named after her aunt who lives right next door... she goes by Margie... I could go over there and say, "Oh, I'm sorry, Honey. This one is for your aunt." After all, Maggie's gramma was Margie's mom, so she's grieving too! That would be terrible, huh:devil

Or I could say "look really surprised while I take some pictures!"

Archived