Your favorite afghan border?

I am JUST stitching together the last row of my Daisy afghan, and I am contemplating the border. :think I did the Gerber Daisy afghan for my other daughter's twin bed and used the border from Coats & Clark's "Sunrise Sunset" afghan. It was very pretty, but I am not sure I want to do the same border on both afghans, even though they are the same colors and are going in the same room. THIS afghan will be going on a full sized bed.

What I am looking for is a many-rowed border. I want it to be about 4-6" when done, and it will be mostly "frosty green" to match the colors in the other blanket. I have a row of clusters in light lilac in the other afghan, but this one I would like to have an accent of light pink.

Does anyone have links or their own directions for an afghan border that sort of fits this description? It can be a solid style border (but I don't want endless rows of dc or sc) or an open style border. I'm just looking for ideas. :hugs Thanks for all your ideas!

This is the border I used on my adult BICO and I just love it. it does not lend itself to several colours -I don't think - but it is a beautiful edging. I am going to use if for a couple of lapghans I have to finish.

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa101505.htm

Here is a small pic of it in use

bottomedging.jpg

bottomedging.jpg

I wing it...Sometimes I alternate (sc, hdc, dc, hdc, repeat) around... sometimes I do a row of dc around and then do a row of (1dc c1) around... it depends on the stitch I guess... I think I prefer it to be more simple though generally speaking... It might sound weird to explain it this way, but the border is only one part of the whole blanket...

My favorite border is in a row of single crochet, do a dc, ch 1 five times in each stitch. It makes a very cute little ruffle, especially on a little pink afghan.

:manyheart

My favorite border is in a row of single crochet, do a dc, ch 1 five times in each stitch. It makes a very cute little ruffle, especially on a little pink afghan.

That sounds nice. Do you have a picture to show?

Thanks.

Archived