Converting Knit to Crochet

Does anyone know how to convert Knit patterns to crochet patters? I know of a few knit patterns that I would like to do but I don't know how to knit. Being blind, learning how to knit is exteremly hard, not impossible, but very hard.

Any help you con give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I don't know how to convert any knit pattern into crochet, but if it is just stockinette stitch, it shouldn't be too hard. I guess it would also have to be the same measurements in the end, and I wouldn't know hot to figure that out just off the top of my head.

Hope it works out for you! :knit:hook

Tina

There are a couple books on the subject.

The one that I have is called From Needles to Hook: Complete Guide to Converting Knit Patterns to Crochet by Donna Scott from The Needlecraft Shop.

I like it alot.

They have it at Barnes & Noble HERE

The biggest thing is that if a knitted pattern calls for worsted weight yarn, you need to use sport weight if your going to crochet it instead because crochet tends to be bulkier than knitting and don't forget that crochet usually takes about 1/3 more yarn that knitting and usually you would use single crochet for the stockinette stitch.

Cool! Thanks Sherrie! I have had this doggy sweater I have been wanting to convert into crochet for a while but didn't know exactly how to go about it. :yes

Tina

Archived