What brand yarn to use for dishcloths?

OK, I am planning on making dishcloths for holiday gifts, but am wondering what yarn to use. I'ven ever made dishcloths before. Cotton, yeah, but what brand is good and easily obtainable? I have heard Sugar & Cream works up good but the color tends to fade.:eek Then there is Lions Cotton yarn. Can someone point me in the right direction brand wise? :think

Thanks and Happy Crocheting,

Sabrina

i think it is a matter of preferance?

i have used all of them, sugar n cream; peaches n cream; lion brand.

lion brand is softer, in my opinion. but to me they all appear to work the same.

Hi Sabrina,

I've used sugar n cream (lily brand) and peaches n cream and prefer the sugarncream. Maybe it's just because my local Hobby Lobby carries it in more colors. I LOVE this cotton yarn.........it works up very fast, is inexpensive, and you can easily see the stitches. I also make scrunchies, little "Hippie Chick" bags and other items with it. Moms love the scrunchies because the cotton yarn doesn't slip through a little girl's hair like synthetic yarns do. If fading is a problem just use lighter colors. Good luck! :hook:yarn:hook:yarn:hook

Sugar's and cream or Peaches and cream. I love them both.

I have knitted and crocheted so many I have lost count.:lol :lol

I have had some of mine sent to Vietname. My sister-in-law wanted me to make some for her Mom so I made some.

They can become addative. so watch out. :yes Good luck too

I would try both of these yarns and see which you like the best.pinkroses

I have only used Bernat Handicrafter because that is what is available. It comes in lots of great colours and works well. There is a new Eco yarn around now that I might try.

To be honest, I run a Y group that specializes in dishcloth KALs every month and if I never see/make another dishcloth it won't break my heart. Granted, I have to knit them but I don't think that affects my view because I love the chance to try new patterns all the time. The first 15 or 20 are fun :lol

I love making discloths. they do make nice inexpensive gifts.

When I give people them They say they are to pretty to use on dishes.

:lol :lol . pinkroses

I appreciate everyone's replies to my question. Thanks! You guys are great!I borrowed my BF's car (mine's broke down at the moment) and went to Jo-ann's. I bought some Sugar 'N Cream there to give it a try.

Now since I was using the Bf's car he requested that I go by WalMart and pick up a few things. While there I cruised the Craft dept. and found the Peaches & Cream, so I snagged one of those as well. Also at Wally World they had a 12oz skein oz of Bernat cotton yard for $5.97. I didn't buy any of that one, but have definitely filed the info away for future reference.

So I guess I will be working on dishcloths for a while. :cheer

Sabrina

Archived