Lion Brand newsletters

KellyA

I don't know if anyone has noticed lately, but in the Lion Brand newsletters, they have been loaded with knitting patterns and stitches. :(

So, today I decided to drop them an email just to see if there were possibly two different newsletters (one from crocheters and one for knitters) if so I was going to switch from the one I was currently receiving. :hook

In the email I also mention that lately they seem to have less than 10% of their newsletter focused on crocheting. I also thought it would be nice to remind them that as crocheters we do use more yarn per project then a knitter - Crazy I would have to mention that to a yarn manufacturer. :devil

Their reply was and I quote "We're sorry but we have only one newsletter for both."

Nothing about possibly increasing the crocheting portion of their newsletters........ :no:yarn

Thanks Lion Brand

I know it's a free newsletter, but us crocheter have to stick together :manyheart

That happens on a lot of sites...all geared *mostly* toward knitting. Elann.com...berroco.com...

So I wrote thanking both of the above mentioned sites for the few crochet patterns they do offer, hoping to inspire them to offer more. ;)

(For the record, both sites responded promptly.)

It was only a short while ago that they featured a whole slew of crochet motifs; one per issue. I just figured it is time for the knitters to get equal time.

Of course, I want both so it works for me either way.

I haven't really noticed a slant. Sometimes it's more crochet, sometimes more knit. But the thing that irks me is when they have the same pattern for both knit and crochet, but they only show a photo of the knitted item. We all know that the same piece is going to look very differently if crocheted and might possibly affect my decision on which I choose to do.

:eek

I don't know if anyone has noticed lately, but in the Lion Brand newsletters, they have been loaded with knitting patterns and stitches. :(

us crocheter have to stick together :manyheart

i've noticed the same thing, and miss the old newsletters...oh, well...just when you really like something the powers that be think they have to fix it...:think

i think it's great that you got in touch with them - i never thought of that:P

keep on hooking!...though i have to confess, i do have the urge to reacquaint myself with knitting!:eek

I noticed that too. I knit as well, but haven't seen anything to inspire me yet. I really think it would be better if they had both knitting and crocheting and beginner and more advanced projects in each newsletter. Then it might appeal to a larger audience. But hey what do I know!

Archived