Wrapping Yarn?

I need help!

I bought a pile of yarn for my MIL for Christmas and am wondering how I can creatively wrap it. Its an entire box of RH 1 pound WW (probably about 20 balls altogether). My husband said to put it in a garbage bag, or I can get a large plastic gift bag, but I was wondering if there were other alternatives. I don't mind wrapping each ball, but thought it might be a little tedious for her to open ....:::shake shake::: yep - its ANOTHER ball of yarn!

I have a few other things for her, but most of her present will be yarn & Timmie's gift certificates - yes, she is hard to buy for. An help would be appreciated!

Fran

Get her a Rubbermaid tote to keep it in...then wrap the tote up in paper with the yarn inside it.

That'll make it easy for her to store it. I dont know very many crocheters who would turn down a nice sturdy Rubbermaid tote to keep yarn in.

id say a tote, or maybe a shallow basket with a handle, like something you would get a fruit basket in, and then cellophane around it and attach a crocheted flower lol. DROOL... id love a yarn basket for christmas :)

you could tie 4 of the skeins in a square shape with some twine/extra yarn and then wrap it in some christmas paper rolling the ends up like a tootsie roll candy and tieing them shut then there arent as many packages to open and its still cute and fun

What a cute idea.:)

That cake is really cute! I do like the idea of the tote though. It gives her some place to keep all that yarn before she uses it.

Erin is SO RIGHT! I think the only thing I'd love more than a pile of yarn is a pile of yarn in a big Rubbermaid container! :lol

What a beautiful gift to receive!!! And I love the idea of the see-thru tote ( but then again, the basket thing would look awesome as well). You are very thoughtful!

BTW, Darski, I did some crocheting at Timmies once... was wainting to meet a client before court. a few weird glances, but I didn't care! I had my XLarge Black, a hook and some yarn, and was getting paid for it! What more can a gal ask for???

What a beautiful gift to receive!!! And I love the idea of the see-thru tote ( but then again, the basket thing would look awesome as well). You are very thoughtful!

BTW, Darski, I did some crocheting at Timmies once... was wainting to meet a client before court. a few weird glances, but I didn't care! I had my XLarge Black, a hook and some yarn, and was getting paid for it! What more can a gal ask for???

I believe I have just died and gone to Heaven or St. Timothy's :wink whichever is nearer. ::mug

Thanks to everyone for their help!

I love the yarn-cake idea and will likely us that for my MIL's birthday (I'm sure I have enough yarn to do that too!) Last year we got her a knitting bag so she could bring her knitting with her - she babysits for us and always had her stuff in grocery bags.

I zipped into Wal-mart and picked up a clear tote for the yarn & love the idea of wrapping it-inside-out, I might have to get a second tote tho (yes - I bought her that much yarn). I'm also thinking of gettng my husband to "snoop" next time he is there visiting, to find her yarn stash so he can run over one day while she's at work and secretly add to her stash (but he's not very good at keeping secrets), I know I always like to find yarn that I never knew I had! lol

Thanks again for the great ideas, usually I never know what to get her and know that she will eventually use this up. Maybe next year or for her birthday in May we'll plan a trip to the yarn factory outlet & let her "go crazy" there.

Fran

Archived