Free Online Crochet Classes

crochetkim

Question

In my curriculum of classes which I am teaching online, I have also added a crochet class in my other favorite form...single crochet. Now, you may think single crochet is boring. You may think it is stiff and doesn't drape well. My class will be teaching you different forms of single crochet which produce a much nicer fabric and a couple of stitches combined even resemble a knitted fabric!

So, please visit my blog in the link below and click on Crochet Class Schedule in the left links column to get the dates and times.

Enjoy!:hook

14 answers to this question

Kim I just visited your blog and saw your bebe collection I just wanted to know if it is tunisian and how many patterns are in the booklet.:think

None of these are Tunisian right now. (And, actually, the only Tunisian patterns I have at Lulu are the two afghans in the Tantalizing Afghans leaflet. Everything else is regular crochet.) I have five little outfits. But, there is certainly nothing stopping me from adding Tunisian in the future. The only design I have ready for publishing is the purple outfit shown in my blog. A top and skirt. So, in answer to your question, there are actually two patterns in the first of the line.

When I decided to self-publish the leaflets this way, I needed to come up with something different, something not found anywhere else. So, my philosophy in writing patterns for self-publishing on Lulu is "sizes". Right now, I have five sizes in this collection. I've had people request more and I'm making sure that I can do it before committing to it, but this may become eight sizes on the end run.

Just a reminder that the first class in this series will start at 6 pm Chicago time on Monday, January 8. This is a class in regular crochet. I'm testing to see if there is an interest in regular crochet classes online. This is good for a beginner and a more experienced crocheter, as I'll be teaching single crochet in four different ways, ways you may not have seen yet.

You can find my class schedule in the left links section of my blog. :hook

Oh, I am interested in learning more, but this dang old computer wont let me attend. The times I tried w/ the tunusian it would just boot me from the class. :( :(

I do hope that you plan to post the transcript to your blog like you have w/ the tunusian and cro-hooking. (crosses fingers and hopes)

Sandy

We had our first class in this series last night and it went great! We learned:

1) Front loop single crochet

2) Back loop single crochet

3) Short single crochet

4) Extended single crochet

5) Wrapped single crochet

6) Reverse single crochet

Fun, fun, fun! :clap

will you be posting the transcript?

I have appts on Mon and Thurs evening so I coulndn't take the class. :(

I know most of these stitches, but have NO idea what short, extended and wrapped sc is. :)

I'd like to take an upcoming online class on crochet for beginners. Do you have anything you recommend. What equipment do I need to purchase?

Thanks!

I don't have any upcoming classes for beginning crochet (although I have one for beginning knit in January). I'm wondering whether there would be an interest on Crochetville for a beginning crochet class. Please speak up, everyone! What say you?

I am crocheting a baby blanket. I had 2 skeins of material (green) which made a 2'x2' square. I ran out of yarn and the company has gone out of business. I'v checked all over even ebay but can't find any anywhere. So I thought I would buy something else and crochet a boarder until it grew to a size that is suitable for a baby blanket. The original squares in the middle. What would you do?

Hi and welcome to the ville:hook

I think that is about all you can do. It should look fine.

If you want to get several responses, it would be better to start a new thread in the crpchet help section; this thread is several years old.

Archived