So some stores sell only some brand yarns..

1. :angryEvidently I was informed by the nice lady at Hobby Lobby yesterday that some stores are only allowed to carry like certain colors of yarn, I was making myself a Martha poncho, plus sized, with RH lofty yarn in antique blue, I got the 5 skiens at HL, and for 3 weeks was searching for just ONE more skien, well finally I broke down and asked the lady at HL yestreday, and she informed me that yes, some stores can sell some but not others, she cited an example of a lady who brought in her crocheted blanket yesterday and I can't recall what yarn she used, but she said it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty, and how it was too bad they weren't allowed to sell that yarn, evidently Walmart has the monopoly on that color, or brand, or whatever..so isn't that odd, I WISH I lived in a town big enough that had JUST a yarn store. Anywho, that nice lady ordered me my skien and said it would be in thursday:clap . So I can finally finish my poncho! I will post pics of it when it is done, HOWEVER it doesn't really look like the Martha one because the yarn is very bulky, but I must say I LOVE it, it si heavy and warm! Just what I need in Iowa here...so just venting I suppose, I didn't know this about yarn and certain stores having the "rights" to sell exclusive yarns..hump....so they make me go from store to store..lol..

I don't think it's a matter of being "allowed" to sell a color... but maybe the HL buyers (the people at the head office who decide what a store is going to carry) didn't select that color to be part of the chain's plan-o-gram...

...I need to get out of retail... LOL!

Archived