market for 18" doll clothes?

Now, being currently out of work and love to crochet anyhow, I've been debating to get some of these patterns and try to sell them. Problem is where (live in the country). Then after I get a couple of the pattern books would I really make any money from it?:think

https://www.frugalhaus.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idcategory=55&curPage=1&sortField=description

It would depend on your area. When my daughter was 10, everything American Girl was hot. From clothing for the dolls to matching outfits for the girl. But I have seen the trend kind of evaporate a little. She is now 16. The kids grow up and put them away.

Also, I don't see them out as much as I did 5-6 years ago. It was very trendy to bring your AG out wherever you went. I don't really see too much of that.

I don't want to burst your idea bubble. Maybe find out if they are popular in the area. Is there some school age kids that you can ask? Ask other crafters what they think of your idea.

It could just be the area of Northern Illinois where I live. Kids seem more into electronic gismos and gadgets than having dolls, which is a shame. Even the girls across the street, whose grandma bought them $$$$ of AG clothes and accessories don't even play with them. And they are only 7 and 10.

Maybe ask around and see what is hot in your area. It could be baby doll

outfits, hair ties and scrunchies, etc.

Good luck in finding some projects to keep you going.

:manyheart

In my town they would go over big time, all little girls I see have one of them dolls carrying around in the stores with them, maybe my town in Iowa is still berhind times, but I would love to have one of them dolls myself..lol..

Thanks for the input. ;) I have a adult friend that actually has her own American Girl Doll. Displays it on a shelf. Next town north of me, a woman sews outfits and sells them. Even has adds in the paper and vendors at the Ag. Fair in the fall. No one by no means is 'busting' my bubble. Just one of those passing thoughts.

Now, being currently out of work and love to crochet anyhow, I've been debating to get some of these patterns and try to sell them. Problem is where (live in the country). Then after I get a couple of the pattern books would I really make any money from it?:think

https://www.frugalhaus.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idcategory=55&curPage=1&sortField=description

Are you talking about using someone elses patterns? Then crocheting the clothes and then selling them? If you are then I would be popping your bubble I think. Because that would mean that you would need a hardcopy of permission to use each of the patterns.

If you are talking about something like a CAD program/creating your own completely original patterns then I am sorry. I completely misunderstood. I would then say that it is a reasonable idea. You just need to do a little digging online for AG groups and place ads for your clothes/accessories. They maybe not be as hot as they once were but they are still popular. Plus there are many dolls that wear the same size of clothes. You could be the designer that makes the market hot again. :hook

Archived