Herrschners

Has anyone shopped with Herrschners before? This is the second time I've placed an order with them. The first one got cancelled a weeek after it was placed because the item was out of stock and they didn't know when they would be getting more. I haven't heard anything about this order, and when I check it online all it says is "processing". I've emailed customer service for an update but haven't heard anything. They sure were quick to charge my credit card though.

I've posted my bad experience with Herrschner's before but others disagree and have had wonderful experiences with them. I was sent the same WRONG order TWICE and it delayed my start on a huge project that put me behind months. AND - I never did get a full refund. Sometimes it's easier to just give up. Now I just toss the catalog when it comes to the house. Lesson learned.

My advise would be to phone them and cancel the order! I'm sure you can find your materials elsewhere.

Sorry to those who are Herrschner's fans. This is only my experience/opinion.

Sorry to those who are Herrschner's fans. This is only my experience/opinion.

Call their customer service. They are usually very willing to help out customers. I have never had a problem and have ordered at least 4 or 5 times a year.

I hope this gets straightened out quickly for you. Do try them again. Sometimes, things are more popular than expected and they have to wait to get their orders, just like everyone else.

They do usually correct errors and other problems quickly, as I have heard from others.

It is a good company, with lots of things to oooogle about in their catalog.

:manyheart

It sort of varies for me...my experiences with ordering just regular stuff has been fine. However, any experiences I've had with ordering stuff on sale has been DISMAL...usually involving them not giving me the sale price or sending the wrong thing...

So, nowadays, I just order things from them that aren't on sale and that I can't find anywhere else.

Wow...I'm so sorry to hear you have all had problems with them. I have ordered about six or more different times in the past few months and never had any problem at all.

I have never phoned in an order, just ordered online and only from their weekly yarn sale items. :yarn I usually get my order within a week or less. The only item that was cancelled was some yarn on the yarn store page and not the weekly sale page. It was out of stock and they gave me a full refund right away.

After reading all the problems you were having I guess I should consider myself lucky!!!!

Hi, I've ordered from them regularly and neveer had a problem. I 've even gotten yarn thru they're online auction and the delivery was usually in the next week. So sorry for your cancellation.Celebrett

They really seem to be a hit or miss company. I have ordered plenty of times from them but more often than not I've had to actually call them to straighten something out. It just annoyed me so I haven't bought from them in almost a year I'd guess.

I ordered a BUNCH of #10 thread for cosmicmonsters xmas present/stash addiction and 1 item for me. Had them sent to two different addresses which always makes me worry. NO PROBLEMS I'm thrilled to say after reading this. Items came even faster than I had thought they would. Even got mostly free shipping from an email they sent for signing up at their website. Paid $1.40 for a 2nd address fee.

I had even messed up a first online order,,had to call,a wonderful lady worked 15 minutes to get the order canceled properly so I could try again.

It must be like ZingyZoid says,,,hit or miss, Maybe the real popular items become an issue,,keeping it in stock. I bet all mail order companies have these same problems sooner or later.

It really bites cause we just want our YARN!!

Sorry for your trouble!!!:hug Let us know when you get your order!!

Archived