easy graph/chart

Guest wolfs1love

Question

Guest wolfs1love

hi everyone...i am looking for any free patterns off the web of eazy charts or graphs to crochet from....any help would be great! thanks in advance!!

25 answers to this question

Hi Melinda, what type of graph are you most interested in finding? I have some graphs that I made last year in my epson album, some which are very simple two color graphs, others which are more advanced. These graphs were mainly created for doing the tunisian stitch with moez hooks, but really can be done in single crochet as well.

This goes for anyone else interested too :) At the bottom of my album list you'll see a section that says password protected album, type in mygraphs for the password and it will then show my 'Chelles Graphs' album. My graphs are in there.

I've tried to put in the password to view the graphs album and I don't ever see one titled "Chelle's Graphs". :think Is it me? Am I doing it wrong?:blush Please help!!!!!!

Laura

Guest MadiStitches

Oh...I saved the pictures, was looking for pc stitch format patterns :)

I did a search on doing a graph in the afghan stitch, looks fairly simple.

Marg

Marge, just open the chart you want to use, then right click and scroll down to "save picture as" and click on it. Another window will open where you can choose where you want to save it and where you can rename it, once you do that, just click save. You should be able to open it afterwards and print it. If that doesn't work for you, go here and download the pattern viewer software.

Guest MadiStitches

Hi Renee, was going to work the graph in while I was doing the afghan stitch. Started it in sc but it looks chunky. I recently bought a flexible afghan hook so thought I would try it.

I have a question about the graphs on Chenelle's page (sorry if I spelled the name wrong) The graphs are in pc stitch format? How do I download them? (I know...stupid question :)

Thanks

Marg

Madi, I rarely make afghans all in one piece. For some reason, I just prefer working with small sections. The chart I posted above is just enough to make one strip 40 stitches across and 240 rows (although I'll probably go to 480 rows). The only difference, really, is that I have to put everything together afterwards. The main reason I charted this afghan this way is because I'm not entirely sure how large I want this afgahn to be. I can tweak the width as I go along.

As for working a chart in tunisian, I find it a little more difficult, only because I'm not used to doing color changes that way and cross stitching on the fabric afterwards is too boring.

Guest MadiStitches

Wow lots of replies :)

For the Dora one I am making I am doing it 200 stitches wide..I think...plus one for turning in sc. That way I have 22 sc on each side for a border....and sc 22 to start with.

I have 2 questions...I am confused with the whole "strips" idea..I am doing mine all in one piece.

And how would you make it with an afghan hook? Same thing as sc or a bit more difficult?

I would never have thought of splitting the stitches, either. I'll have to try it.

I usually make strips and join them together. This chart is only 40 stitches wide and I'll make however many strips I need for an afghan.

No, I don't think 40 st wide would be big enough, but you can split the each single square into four squares of it's own, so it would be 80 st. If you do that, remember to make each sqaure 2 stithes WIDE and 2 stitches TALL so it comes out even! :2

:thinking1 Maybe you could just use dc and make each square 2 st wide and one st tall, but I am not sure, you would have to see how it would look:thinking1

With regular size hooks, either make a bunch of 40 stitch wide to attach together, make strips (with George repeating all the way up until you reach the length you'd like) and then sew the strips together, or decide how wide you want the blanket (based on the 40 st) chain what you need for the width and just continue across until it's the length you want.

Even with the large MoEz hooks, something only 40 stitches wide would take a bit of time.

Guest MadiStitches

Hi everyone..I'm new here :wave

Thanks for posting the charts Chelle..really like the zodiac ones :)

A friend sent me a link also with easy charts, it's a dutch site and has english translated on it, I am doing the Dora one for my baby daughter.

The site is: members.lycos.nl/brigitte37/

Lots and lots of charts...you have to check it out :bounce

Marg

ca.groups.yahoo.com/group...iancrochet

If you can find some cross-stitch designs that you like, you can use them as charts for crochet.

<a href="http://www.freepatternsonline.com/xspatterns2.htm" target="_new">Free Patterns Online</a>

<a href="http://www.copycatdesigns.com/photo.html" target="_new">Copycat Designs</a>, this one has a wolf design

<a href="http://www.dawnsxstitch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcstitchpatterns.htm" target="_new">Dawn's Cross Stitch</a>

<a href="http://crossstitch.about.com/cs/freepatterns/index.htm" target="_new">Free Cross Stitch Patterns</a> at About.com

Guest krafty40

Hi; This is an excellent site with lots of free graphs, including a howling wolf! http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com Check it out I'm sure you'll find something there. I have been looking for years for a graph of the 23rd psalm and there it was, all this time. Enjoy Shirley:angel

Thanks Donna! I made those graphs for a moez yahoo group I used to be active in. I hope some of you can put those graphs to good use for afghans or other graphed items! Those graphs take a long time to make - very time consuming! I hope you all enjoy :thumbsup

A moez hook is a wider version of an afghan hook, so it makes afghans bigger with less stitches. This website can explain it well. An 80 stitch by 80 row afghan done in single crochet (for graphs) or regular afghan hooks would be very small, but done with moez hooks make a nice toddler size afghan. The photos in my Moez Crochet album in my epson album shows the ghans I did with my moez crochet hooks.

Hi Melinda, what type of graph are you most interested in finding? I have some graphs that I made last year in my epson album, some which are very simple two color graphs, others which are more advanced. These graphs were mainly created for doing the tunisian stitch with moez hooks, but really can be done in single crochet as well.

This goes for anyone else interested too :) At the bottom of my album list you'll see a section that says password protected album, type in mygraphs for the password and it will then show my 'Chelles Graphs' album. My graphs are in there.

Archived