xmas ideas please

I am running so far behind, I have not even begun my christmas crafting yet.

anyone have any ideas on what to make everyone?

I have my mom & Dad, sister, hubby and 3 kids, and dh's gma. to make things for.

we wont see dh's parents til march so we have time for those.

any ideas? lol I only have 1 month left lol:eek

Hats and scarves? Those are fairly quick and easy. Maybe some small ami animals for the kiddos?

Some potholders and dishclothes in cotton (never acrylic for potholders - it melts! Just a tip for those that don't know. I speak from experience.) for DH's G-ma? With a matching towel toppered towel?

I've got exactly the same problem lol! and the fact that my dads not really a hat type of person doesn't make it any easier lol

I'm thinkin about making a nice stylish scarf though they always work up quick N maybe some socks and I'm doing an attempt at making the Sweet N Short bolero from the HappyHooker book for my sis, but I've never done a garment before so who knows how that's going to turn out lol:eek

Good luck and if I find any nice n fast patterns I'll post em here:)

If anyone has a dog you could do AJ's dog bone mat. (It's posted in "Original patterns but you have to pm her for it. She's very generous to share it and quick to respond!)Very cute, very quick! I figure a present for the dog counts...lol! I made one for my brother and his wife's dog, and one for my in laws dog. And yes, I count them as presents for the people! Dogs don't care about Christmas presents. I also made 2 cute little cat blankets for my other brothers cats. Just a big circle (6 rounds dc, 2 strands, P hook) with two little triangle (sc decrease one each row) ears so they look like cats heads...lol.

Just a thought...

If anyone has a dog you could do AJ's dog bone mat. (It's posted in "Original patterns but you have to pm her for it. She's very generous to share it and quick to respond!)Very cute, very quick! I figure a present for the dog counts...lol! I made one for my brother and his wife's dog, and one for my in laws dog. And yes, I count them as presents for the people! Dogs don't care about Christmas presents. I also made 2 cute little cat blankets for my other brothers cats. Just a big circle (6 rounds dc, 2 strands, P hook) with two little triangle (sc decrease one each row) ears so they look like cats heads...lol.

Just a thought...

nope sorry no dogs in any of the 4 houses , but it sounds absolutely adorable

For you parents: How about buying one of those inexpensive acrylic blankets and doing a nice crocheted border around it? Very quick and looks substantial.

I'm working on one right now and it looks beautiful, I'm already on the last row with only a few hours into it.

For you parents: How about buying one of those inexpensive acrylic blankets and doing a nice crocheted border around it? Very quick and looks substantial.

I'm working on one right now and it looks beautiful and I've only got one day into it, and I'm already on the last row.

I am not sure what you mean, I never heard of that before. do you mean sotr of like the ones with the satin border around them? do you have a picture ?

what about a fleece blanket ? theres no edge on it...sew a - is it called a blanket stitch? - around it then a simple crochet border if you want to give it some depth. little ones as well as g'mas love the softness and light weight of it.

go for it! you can do it!:cheer

Well I was going to mention the fleece blankets and the Christmas A Long... (great minds think a like)

There was another post on the fleece blankets. Crochet and Fleece blankets (link), has some info on how to edge them too.

I found some nice ones, with edging, at a store for $4.99 for my friends daughters.

One thing about fleece is its soft, use a soft yarn. Simple soft is nice. I tried RH and it was too rough, at least the one I bought.

I've seen people sewing up little squares in cotton filled with lavendar and flaxseed, then crocheting a pretty cover to button over it. Then you can freeze it an hour for a cold pack or heat in a microwave for five minutes for a warm pack. Don't have a pattern, but it's just basic rectangles. I know I personally covet one of those!

Archived