Looking for Girl Sweater Coat Pattern

lilhatshack

Question

I showed my niece, JoHannah some of the really neat crochet items on Ebay. We came across the cutest little sweater coat with matching hat. She now would like for me to make one for her....I just can't seem to find the pattern. Good thing its still August and I have plenty of time! Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a website with cute children's clothing (i've checked cpc - couldn't find anything similar). This sweater coat - was button up - down to just above the hips then it kinda flared out slightly...(does that make any sense). Needless to say - its very cute! If anyone has any ideas, i'd really appreciate it! Thanks - Carmen.

8 answers to this question

OMG, did you see the Minnie Mouse set she sells?? Too cute.

I've never done garments but couldn't you get the same look out of a basic cardigan pattern? Maybe increase a bit as you get to the bottom.

Wow, I just saws she's only charging $30...I think I'd just go ahead and buy it lol! It'll probably cost $15-$20 of yarn!

Holly

You know - I was just thinking the same thing...I might just buy - but it would be fun to make too! There is so much cute stuff on Ebay - I could spend hours and hours (and usually do!). I loved the Minnie too! - here's another link to check out with adorable stuff....auntart...really really cute!

i haven't looked at the new link yet, but i thought the same thing about the teddy coat and hat - :wink that's a good price.

if you're still wanting to make it.... i did a bit of looking around in books i have... the closest i came to it was a child's robe. it looked almost identical. it's copyright and from the 70's so i couldn't find the actual book online to link to, but i thought it might be worth the search of freebie patterns.....:))

Thanks for all your suggestions with this - I think i'll try to wing it. I've seen a few basic cardigan patterns and I think I can just increase the bottom for the coat. I should just buy it - would be alot easier!!! But I want to make it for my niece. Thanks all! If I find one similar or if my works out - i'll post it.

Archived