Filigree Bookmark

mimicat

Hi! Here is another bookmark that is very pretty and a bit challenging to make. It is called Fancy Filigree Bookmark by Cheri Mancini found on her website here.

I used Anchor size 10 thread, KAM16 and no.6 steel hook

I didnt make a tassle, but sewed on a button, since I thought I could wear it as a bracelet :hook

301344336_0ceac3a108_m.jpg 301349446_e40afc872d_m.jpg

Beautiful! And what a great idea to use it as a bracelet :manyheart

A quick question -- I was looking over the pattern and it calls for a "Trc" stitch. I've been crocheting a long time and have never seen this before. Does she mean a treble (tr) stitch? A tr cluster stitch? (And if a cluster, how many stitches make up the cl?)

Any insight you can give would be greatly appreciated. :hug

Thanks, mimicat!

Beautiful! And what a great idea to use it as a bracelet :manyheart

A quick question -- I was looking over the pattern and it calls for a "Trc" stitch. I've been crocheting a long time and have never seen this before. Does she mean a treble (tr) stitch? A tr cluster stitch? (And if a cluster, how many stitches make up the cl?)

Any insight you can give would be greatly appreciated. :hug

Thanks, mimicat!

Hi! Yes, the trc means a treble (tr). As for the cluster stitch, just follow her explanation for the stitch, which I think she came up with herself and named it chubby cluster stitch. Its fairly easy when you get to it. :hook

I received a bookmark made from this pattern in a swap with the tassel. The pattern is ornate and you have added to the versatility by making the bracelet. What a clever idea and excellent work on the piece!

this is not a good thing for me. or maybe it is, i need 4 more pairs of hands and will live to be 150 years old if i just crochet one of everything that i have plans for at this point. I love bookmarkers and love to share them. I read alot and i think they are works of art.

Thank you Carol and Shell! :hook

Wow it's gorgeous and I like it as a bracelet, too. Did you use variegated thread? I love how it's all different colors; it looked like it was planned like that.

Tina

Thanks Tina! The Anchor multicolor thread I used had 5 different colors in it. I liked the combination on this one. :yarn

Archived