Remember my Circus Green Rug??

I little while ago I asked for advice about a bright green rug with my off-white Ikea living room. :) Well, we exchanged it for a rug the color of melted vanilla ice cream, which is very pretty. A friend in the UK sent me some curtain fabric I had been admiring and there was enough to do curtains and two pillows for the sofa. Oh - and we bought new lamps for $12 at Lowes! (They discount stuff every Saturday AM, apparently!) We decided to get a cover for the sofa and here is what we have so far:

LR1.jpg

WOW that looks bright!!! It's not that bright in real life!

This is a more accurate view of the colors:

LR2.jpg

Isn't it pretty? :) The sofa is actually a nice, dark red. I'm going to try to find some yellow/white stripey fabric (like in the triangular shape in the curtains) to make some more accent pillows, and maybe a blue smallish print, too?

Now - for my big question!! AFGHAN??? Doesn't that RED sofa need an afghan over the back? My questions are:

1. What type of afghan would keep the kind of Swedish look we have going? Little motifs? One color? Stripes? Ideas?

2. What (or how many?) colors should I encorporate into the afghan? There are a lot of colors going on in that fabric: Off-White (background), Red, Pink, Orange, Golden Yellow, Moss Green, Darker Moss Green, Gray Blue, Medium Blue, Navy Blue.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated! You all always have the BEST suggestions and ideas.

:manyheart

Thanks in advance!!

IMO, I would take one dynamic color from the curtain that contrasts with the red of the couch and work that as my main color. Not too busy with different colors on the afghan would be my approach. A pattern that has a texture would look really good. BTW, the curtains are great and the room is very nice!

There is an afghan pattern out there that reflects that Jacobean flavour that your curtain pattern evokes. it is a "...Tulip afghan" or "Tulip something afghan".

That Jacobean pattern done in a simple red and off white would tie all the parts together. I will keep an eye out for it but I find that iIf you don't know the exact name it is a challenge to find anything :think:lol

will post back or edit if I find it. :sigh

http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat25.htm

I read the pattern and it uses lots of colours - It could still be done in a background and one colour for the motifs.

I agree w/ TXCrochet Lover, one accent color from the curtains. I would personally go with the darker stripe in that triangular shape.

Very nice and all for an awesome price, too! Can't beat that!! :yay

I love that red, by the way. :manyheart

Tina

Archived