My Crocheted Candy Cane

Mom w/a Motif

After seeing these candy canes last night I HAD to make one. I found a few patterns online, but none like these. Then I started going through every magazine and book I had. Finally (duh) I found one somewhat similar in the 2007 CPAD Calendar. Maybe if I make another one, and tie them together with green it might look like the ones I found. :P

th_Picture1199.jpg

(Clickable Images.)

Next to this mornings' coffee cup. And...

[/url]th_Picture1200.jpg

By itself. Thanks for looking! :candycane

Tina

They look wonderful:tup!!!! And I feel like such a loser:loser! I was trying to figure out :thinkhow to make these things and I just gave up in frustration:thair.....then as soon as you said how easy they were to make it was like...."DUH!" :blush It seems so obvious:yes NOW.....Thanks for posting...I am off to try again!!! :hook

That looks exactly like the ones in your link. If you cross a couple and maybe hot glue them, then tie a green yarn or ribbon around them (or even a pretty gold cord) it'll be just like the ornaments they made. They're cute criss-crossed, but I even like yours as a single. Great job! :clap

Cute! I think at some craft fair I saw someone making candy cane ornaments similar to these, and they crocheted on clear glass beads too. Ya know,in case you needed a variant or something

I'm new and wondering if it's possible to see a picture of the candy cane ornament? I've been thinking about doing a candy theme for next year and I've found some cute patterns for peppermint candies.

Sharon

Sharon, it is in my first post, I linked to the picture. Here it is again. What I was saying was, I couldn't find any patterns like it. But I ended up using a pattern in the 2007 Crochet-Pattern-A-Day Calendar. (It's also in the first post...)

I'm new and wondering if it's possible to see a picture of the candy cane ornament? I've been thinking about doing a candy theme for next year and I've found some cute patterns for peppermint candies.

Sharon

Well, usually you could find one in a JoAnns, Michaels, or Borders, or Barnes and Nobles.... But I have not been able to find one in any of those places in my area. I had to order it from Amazon. It got here in 3-5 days, really nice service.

Hope that helps. :)

Where can one buy this calendar you are referring to? These look like they would go great with the peppermint candies I'm working for next year.

Sharon

Archived