Another hat quest...

Guest mishakitty78

Question

Guest mishakitty78

Hi everyone. I'd like to try to make a hat that is worked in rounds, preferrably with a stitch that would make it closed (I've done a lot of open-work hats, and would like to try one that is "solid"). I had a horrible failure with one pattern :( so I'm hoping that someone here who has experience with a good pattern can point me in the right direction? Pretty please? :))

I'm looking for something that is tight on the head, like a skull cap or a cloche. Thank you so much - I really appreciate any help you can give!

Melissa

7 answers to this question

Here is a pattern of a crocheted felt hat. You must use 100% wool because when you wash it it shrinks. If you don't use a yarn that shrinks, it looks like its made for Gina the Giant!

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/3926/104418

It is sooo cute worked up, and good for a guy or a gal. My son loved it and took it home with him. Made it of brown wool I bought at a thrift store.

I like the double crochet hat pattern, I do that one all the time. It's very snug to the head, and works up really quickly in all kinds of yarn.

Guest mishakitty78

Thank you all so much! The single and double crochet patterns were *exactly* what I was looking for, especially the double crochet! Much love to you all! :)h

Just one question - anyone know where I can find directions for the front post stitches ;) ?

If you do, please share! I've never heard of that stitch, and would love to add it to my repertoire.

Thanks again so much,

Melissa

Archived