Any Ideas?

I'm just finishing one of my WIP and of course that means I get to start another one :clap But I wanted to come here to see if anyone had any ideas. I decided that I am going to make an afghan for my daughter (shes 11 months) and I picked up some baby sport yarn, I'm going to use two strands kind of rainbow pastel colors and fade in and out of the colors. If anyone has any suggestions on any afghans where you think this color scheme would look good, let me know =) I've decided against the round ripple and also I don't really want anything that works diagonally. Thats all I've narrowed it down! lol Any ideas are appriciated

A favourite of mine that is quick and very pretty is the Tiny Hearts blanket.

but I can never find it again when I want to recommend it.

it is an Annette Jones pattern and I can't make my password work to get there.

I just finished a blanket for friends of ours who just had a baby. I think the patter is called Sea Spray. It looksl like it. Is this what you consider a round ripple??

I did it up in cream, Sirdar Country Yarn, which is a soft baby acrylic...

lace-shell-sm.jpg

I got the pattern out of a book called 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns for Knit and Crochet by Jane Eaton...

http://www.amazon.com/200-Ripple-Stitch-Patterns-Exciting/dp/089689276X

I think Annie's Attic has a copy on sale? Or maybe it's the block/square patterns. :think

This pattern looks difficult but it's really only one stitch done in two methods, grouped and spaced, to give it the wavy affect.

If this is the type of pattern you DON'T want to do, check out this book anyway because there are 100 crochet patterns.

Alternatively, I just finished a blanket for my cousin's wedding. I did it up in 12 inch blocks of different crochet stitches per block. You could do something similar on a smaller scale...like a granny square type blanket, just no granny squares ;) My blanket had the panels made up from one square full of bobbles, one sqaure full of half trebles (hald double crochet in the US), and one square of crossed stitch. I had a pattern for the blanket so those three stitches worked great, but you could use several stitches and do them up in 4 inch squares until you have the size you want. I joined by squares with a slip stitch and put 3 or 4 rows of double crochet (single crochet in the US) around the edge. I'm going the tassels now, then it's done! <thank goodness> :cheer

Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

I'm just finishing one of my WIP and of course that means I get to start another one :clap But I wanted to come here to see if anyone had any ideas. I decided that I am going to make an afghan for my daughter (shes 11 months) and I picked up some baby sport yarn, I'm going to use two strands kind of rainbow pastel colors and fade in and out of the colors. If anyone has any suggestions on any afghans where you think this color scheme would look good, let me know =) I've decided against the round ripple and also I don't really want anything that works diagonally. Thats all I've narrowed it down! lol Any ideas are appriciated

Archived