Sign in to follow this  
webs2u

Hairpin Lace

I'm a newbie and I have an urgent question!:eek

I learned how to do hairpin lace this weekend, finished my first strip in a fancy stitch diva pattern of a kind of peasant skirt. I am ready to start my next strip and I have a small amount of yarn left on the first ball. I don't want to waste that yarn:no, it's way too costly for that, so here's my question--how do you join yarn in hairpin lace, or can you join yarn in hairpin lace? I googled it and came up with nada. Can anyone give me a clue:think?

I'm Laurie and I'm Confused in California...TIA!

P.S: I'm brand new, so if I made any mistakes with the posting please forgive

I did a lot of hairpin lace this summer and I think what I did was joined the yarn in the single crochet areas. Then worked it into the stitches once I had a few moe rows done. I am working on the cardi wrap by stitch diva and only have to finish up she sleeves.

Is the yarn suitable for a Russian join?

http://www.knittinganyway.com/freethings/russianjoin.htm

Scroll down on this page to see lots of other methods. One of them might be good for the kind of yarn and stitches used.

Hairpin lace is something I've been meaning to do (my BF gave me a hairpin loom for my birthday), but I haven't gotten around to it. The peasant skirt at Stitch Diva Studios is gorgeous. Good luck.

Yeah, they join at the edges, in the loops. I think the problem you're wondering about is if 1 strip will come out longer than the others, how to approach that? You could always just save that strip of lace you're making from the rest of the ball, and later make another strip the same length as it to join it to elsewhere after you change balls, if that makes sense? I think so - I'm just doing my first HPL too. :)