:0 Crocheted Candy Canes! I made one (post #10-picture)

Or a pattern to make some just like them. They are soooo cute! I haven't been able to find any candy cane patterns online or in any of my gazillion books or magazines... :(

Check these out. :candycane

Tina

Thanks Debi for those links. I had seen both of those, as a matter of fact, I bookmarked the Kreinek one. :lol I also found a candy cane pattern (more similar to the ones I posted about) in the 2007 CPAD Calendar- Dec. 21st, I believe. I have it ready to go as soon as I get all my stuff together for it. (I'm making a snowman right now, though...)

Tina

I was having the same problem...When I was in Joannes and I bought the new "Simply Creative Crochet" and they have a candy cane from thread. Was really easy, worked up fast too.

Those are cute. They look pretty simple, too. Just make a small round, then keep adding rounds of the same diameter to make it into a tube, changing colors back and forth. Then decrease at the other end. To make it bend maybe you could switch from sc to slip stitches on one side for a few rounds.

hmm... I just looked at the original link and was wondering if crocheting in the round like when making amigirumi arms and legs and thread a pipe cleaner inside (chenille stick) so get the bend. may work

Thanks Debbie- I saw all those links whilst searching. :) I did start one last night that I found in the 2007 CPAD Calendar. It's out of yarn, and like you said, Shell, you put pipe cleaners in it to get the bend. (I was wondering that myself.)

I still like the ones in that first link best, though. :yes

Tina

Last night I made the candy cane in the 2007 Calendar. I posted about it in the 'miscellaneous' thread, too. What do you think?

th_Picture1200.jpg

(Clickable Images)

[/url]th_Picture1199.jpg

And next to my coffee cup from this morning...

Thanks everybody for all your help!! :hug

Tina

That sounds like a better idea. Because I did put two pipe cleaners in it and thought 'Why didn't I put these in first and then sew it up?' or something... (You have to put the pipe cleaners in 'after' you sew it up and it's a little tricky... I folded down the edge and stuck my crochet hook through the whole thing then pulled it in.) :)

I don't know why you couldn't hold 2 or 3 pipe cleaners together for thickness and single crochet them together ....But the one you made looks really nice too.

Archived