Greetings from Ireland!

Kemberlee

I've been meaning to join for some time now, but life and projects have been keeping me off the computer more than usual lately. More so on the projects front, to be honest.

I always hate talking about myself, but I'm Kemberlee. Some here will know me from various other crochet groups at Yahoo Groups. I'm originally from Northern California but moved to Ireland almost ten years ago now. I'm married with dogs :hi 2 Border Collies that are trained for sheep, two of which wandered onto our property last week, but that's another story! Anyway, I've lived in a few places in Ireland but currently reside in an Irish speaking region of West County Cork. Sheep all around and no one owns the ones that wandered through :scrachin

I'm multi-tasking careers at the moment. I'm an author, travel consultant specializing in Irish travel, and I'm in the proecess of opening a yarn shop called From Crook to Hook: Yarn for Crocheters. We're specializing in yarn from Ireland and Great Britain with a focus on locally spun and dyed wools.

Are there any other members from Ireland?

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Kemberlee

Hi and welcome Kemberlee i just :heart it here wish I found this yrs ago and started to crochet yrs ago as there are so many beatutiful wools out there.

Thanks for all the welcomes! :ty

There are like a million messages to go through. I just have to be careful to be timely. If you see me reply to a really old message, it's because I got suddenly overly enthusiastic :blush

:hi Hi and :welcome from Miami Beach, Florida USA! Where the weather is always :hot & :sunny Well, except for now...we have a cold front moving in and it's getting down into the 70s during the day.

JoAnn,

The yarn shop is at http://www.fromcrooktohook.com. It's just a welcome page for the moment. My DH is writing the database for me and I'm working on the design and logo. I really need to find a graphic artist though for the logo.

We'll be specializing in Irish yarns, but will also be selling British yarns. I have a couple Irish companies on board now, Tivoli and Kerry Woollen Mills, the latter being a small private spinner.

I have a few things up on eBay now. I'm not listing a lot at the moment because I'm going home for the holidays in a couple weeks and won't be near a PC to monitor auctions, and won't have the yarn with me to post.

We're hoping to launch in mid-January though when I'm back.

We're really excited about this new venture, so if anyone has any questions, let me know.

Scotkat,

I spent two weeks in Scotland a couple years ago and LOVED it. I can't wait to get back. I think of all the places we visited, I love Inverary the most. Talk about fairytale! I loved Stirling and St Andrews as well, but not for the golf :)

What part of the country is Angus?

I was very nearly a Kimberly, too, but mom wanted to name me after dad, who's a Lee. Oddly, mom originally wanted to call me Stephanie, but when dad came home from the Navy he told mom his best friend's wife had just had a daughter and named her Kimberly Ann and that's what he wanted me called. So mom named me after dad and gave me all E's, including adding an E to Ann (Anne). Now, if yuo tell me your middle name is Ann and your dad was in the Navy, I'll be very afraid :eek:D

Have you studied your Irish heritage?

Welcome, from someone of Irish decent-though not directly from Ireland myselfand another "Kemberlee".

I'm originally from Northern CA on the coast. Haven't been as far as OR though. I was too afraid of that sign at the border..."Welcome to Oregon. We shoot every 3rd Californian and the second just passed." ;)

How much research have you done on your Donegal ancestors? It's lovely country up there. My aunt by marriage researched her family tree and found a line up there...the were part of the plantation era, but she still has cousins there whom she met a couple years ago on a visit over.

Welcome from Oregon on the West Coast.

My great great grandparents came from County Donegal.

Alice

Archived