Hi From Scotland

scotkat

I just want to say hello and I am complete beginner from this week.

I downloaded a 1920s style crochet hat but got stuck from yarncat.com

As I said I complete beginner but want to learn so a friend:) gave a copy of a hat pattern .

At least I am understanding I am on my 9th round ,I so want to be able to crochet and hopefully one day crochet a beautiful shrug .

There are so many beautiful yarns out there.

I think now I can honestly say I am completly hooked:lol .

We have a new bookstore opened an American bookstore has come to Scotland wonderful:) and the coffee was very good .

I also noticed they had simply crochet magazine in the shop yes I bought one uk money £4.95 $5.99.

This is where I found your address.

How is your weather everyone?

Its cold here today been very :rain over the weekend:snow forcast certainly been along spell of milds weather .Scotkat

:hi Hi and welcome from South Yorkshire UK :welcome ! it's going to snow up there?!? it's been raining here but I doubt we'll have any sign of snow until at least january:(

I wish I could find the simply crochet magazine somewhere I'd love to buy em! :sigh there are lots of beginners on here (I'm still partly beginner aswell) so if you need any help just ask over at the "crochet help" thread :D

Hi Petra and thanks for the welcome. Forecast this morning said higher ground to get :snow its been :rain all day .Usually it would be January it has been cold and not long now till christmas a little snow is seasonal on the day.

Do you not have Borders Bookshop? It has just arrived here.

I asked if my paper shop could order a crochet magazine but they were not keen unless I knew the name of which I did not.

I am sure I will be asking for help.

Scotkat

Thankyou Vic and Saribear for your lovely welcome.I downloaded 1920'sstyle hat pattern which I fell in :heart with but sadly I could not the this pattern to work out .

I got so frustrated with the pattern it was up it was down

Have asked help from other buddie friends but not crochet more hobbie site I did not know about this site but now so :U I came across this :hook page.

I even got a :headache trying to master the pattern.

But have now started another hat pattern from a friend.

This a new wintewr hobby for me as well as ballroom dancing which my husband and I starte dof January this year wnd we so enjoy.Anf flowers enjoy making floral arrangements.

Now If I could have been better with crochet could have made a silver or gold shrug or shawl to go with my dress for our Xmas dinner dance.

Be a wee while before I get to that stage but I can dream.

Thankyou Melannie Tricia and Lisa for your warm welcome.

I have been croching my hat there is 29 rnds thill the end and a flower to crochet as well,I am now on rnds 14 :hook fairly grows quicky.

So wished I had kept croching yrs ago when my late Mum started if I had no tcome across her pattern for a long waistcoat and two of her :hook s may not have got started but so :) and pleased I did.

Greetings from Bemidji, MN. :hi My FIL has relatives that came over from Scotland a couple (?) generations before him. Think that is the main claim of any specific ethnicity on that side of my dh's family.;) He talks a bit proud of that fact, though, it seems to me.

Margie

Hello and :welcome from Minnesota :):hug

Here in the south east part of the state it is cloudy I haven't seen the sun for a couple of days other than it peeked out a few times this afternoon! :sigh

dsc08651sp4.jpg

Here is the hat I am croching nearly finished ,I am doing treble sts but it feels a bit tight when I try on .

Should I be going a bit slacker.

:hi Hi and :welcome from Miami Beach, Florida USA! Where the weather is always :hot & :sun Well, except for now...we have a cold front moving in and it's getting down into the 70s during the day.

Welcome from Deep River Connecticut. :pilgrim My dream is to visit Scotland & Ireland!:yes

Your hat looks great!! If it feels tight, do another and use a larger size hook. :hook They will surely fit somebody!! I really like that color. Keep at it and you will be making that beautiful shrug in no time!:yes

Hi Cheryl and thanyou for the lovely welcome been Florida a few times also have a friend lives in Claremount.

Went touring Grand Canyon this summer just spectacular did the plane ride over the canyon lasting memories.

Badtz Muru and Christina the welcomes are wonderful and I am so pleased I have found this new hobby and somewhere I can post if I cant understand the pattern .

As I was earlier this week downloaded free pattern 1920's style hat from wwwyarncats.com the yarn was up it was down I was getting so frustrated but wanted to master this hat.

I even went down to two craft different craft classes in our village this week and got help two ladies away with the pattern to see if they can help me out.

A friend in the meentime has sent me her pattern which I have posted a photo its a patons pattern seem to be understanding it apart from it seems to be a wee bit tight unless I have done extra or missed arow it was getting late and eyes were getting tired oh just do another row.

Good morning Joanne and thankyou very much form dreich Scotland .

Do you like that word or shall I start to type in Scottish for you .

JoAnn weel its anafa dreich mornen ootside dina thik um gan ti ging fari day.

Well its awful dismal morning outside dont think I am going far today.

Its easier speaking than typing Scotish tongue originally I am from Aberdeen.

Scotland is a lovely place and I believe Ireland is aslo I hav enever been to Ireland.

I am :hearting it here so pleased I found this site.

I used to think Scots-speak was perpetuated by an ill informed American romance market...until I went to Scotland! ;)

I know what you mean about typing an accent. It's hard to roll the R in Aberrrrrdeen!

Have you been getting the nasty :2rain there as here? I'll try to send some :sun your way soon. I don't mind the :wbrr too much as long as I have something warm to wear. Better get with it then!

(gotta love all these emoticons!)

Good morning Joanne and thankyou very much form dreich Scotland .

Do you like that word or shall I start to type in Scottish for you .

JoAnn weel its anafa dreich mornen ootside dina thik um gan ti ging fari day.

Well its awful dismal morning outside dont think I am going far today.

Its easier speaking than typing Scotish tongue originally I am from Aberdeen.

Scotland is a lovely place and I believe Ireland is aslo I hav enever been to Ireland.

I am :hearting it here so pleased I found this site.

Archived