WIP whine...tell me it's ok

I'm just looking for a little support. *sniffle*

I dug a hole, you see. I'm in a club, locally, and I somehow volunteered myself to make a graph-ghan for our club Christmas party, which we're having on Dec 2.

I procrastinated a little in the beginning, and now I'm about a quarter of the way done...but the party is quickly approaching. I'm getting better at it (this is my first one, by the way) and I feel like it's looking better and better and going a bit faster. But, I need to really put some serious effort into it to get it done. My fiance seems to be a little tired of me crocheting all the time, but I've tried to let him know I'm stressed about finishing this thing. He say's it's ok and he doesn't mind, but I worry that he feels like I'm not spending time with him. :(

I'm stressed about him, I'm stressed about the graph-ghan, I'm just stressed. (I even brought it work with me today and since my boss is gone today, I'm going to close my door in a bit and work on it in secret (shhh...) ;)

:hug Oh sweetie, we have ALL dug ourselves in a hole at one time or another, and you WILL get it done, I find that stressing on it takes away from working on it, if that helps. And, I too take mine to work, I work in a small alzhiemers unit and second shift, so when they are all in bed at 9pm, you better believe my needle and yarn comes out of my bag!! Heck, to tell you the truth my folks at work even LOVE to see me Crocheting, so sometimes, when the bosses aren't there, like on the weekends, I will work on it when they are watching a movie...shhhhhhhhh..

You will get it done, I have faith!!:manyheart

quote:

to tell you the truth my folks at work even LOVE to see me Crocheting, so sometimes, when the bosses aren't there, like on the weekends, I will work on it when they are watching a movie...shhhhhhhhh.

<------------------------------------------->

I love this. The image that comes to my mind is so loving. Crochet just belongs to moments like these. it is a gift to your patients.

Thank you Darski! In fact, it is such a personal happy moment when they want to talk to me about what I am making, and how they used to be able to Crochet and knit, when they could, most now cant see well, or alzhhiemers has prevented them. I myself think it is therapudic for them to watch and rememnise, too bad my boss lady doesn't see it like that....but then she is about as creative and friendly as a rock...lol..

Thanks everyone. :)

I wish I could post pictures from work, but our network prohibits it. I can't even see most of the pictures people post of their work, which really takes all the fun out of looking at the show & tell threads. haha

I'm excited about my graph-ghan, and I like the the way it's turning out, but it's slow going. I work on it whenever I can. We're going to visit my aunt & uncle this weekend, and I already let everyone know that I will spend almost all of my time crocheting (except for when we go to do our big "family bowling competition", haha). (go me! go me! :cheer )

Thanks for the hugs & support. I'll keep plugging away and update you on Monday. :hook

Maybe I'll remember to get online at home and post a picture of my progress (although I'm really bad about remembering to use the computer at home).

:P I understand about digging a hole.....I volunteered to crochet Turkey Fridgies for my dd's headstart class about 2 weeks ago and up to todayI have made 23 bodies and heads and now I am in the process of finishing up the tails on 3 bodies and I have to give the darned things feet and a wattle...the pattern is here:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/turkey.html

But for a twist, I am going to have the kids glue the eyes on and choose whether or not they want it as a magnet or glue a popsicle stick on the back....its a parents activity day kinda thing. Fun fun fun,eh?

:sigh:tdance :tdance

Archived