Made my day :)

I was out side taking a break a while ago (i'm at work), and this guy out there asked me "what is this?" and he handed me this little round metal disk. and on this disk it said, "The Sak". I told him, its the charm off a Sak Bag, and I had to explain to him what a Sak Bag is, and i went on to say how expensive they are and how we here at the 'ville have been copying them. He said, "well, you can have it. I found it laying on the ground at my house." :D :D :D I was so happy!! So I can put it on the bag i'm making now, and nobody will know if i dont tell them. I told him, "you've made my day!" :):hook

He said, "well, you can have it. I found it laying on the ground at my house."
Good for you! :clap That was certainly nice of him.

I hope it doesn't turn out that his wife lost it off of her real "Sak" bag. He'd be in a heap of trouble then. :lol

Good for you! :clap That was certainly nice of him.

I hope it doesn't turn out that his wife lost it off of her real "Sak" bag. He'd be in a heap of trouble then. :lol

:) no, he's divorced. However! He did mention "I wonder who my (teenage) son has had over to the house while i'm not there".

i am confused, these things are valuable? um why? i hope someone can explain it to me. i mean i know who SAX is, its a expensive store right? but since we don't have any here am not sure why they are so important, anyone want to explain to me?:blush :blush

Here's a site that carries them:http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?type=brand&brandid=115&brandcatid=1105&gen=w&pcid=56304&fo=rn

Cute and not too expensive.

I would love to make that Small Shopper. That is a cute shape and could work.

Although I like an across the shoulder bag - keeps two hands free.

Some of those just cry out to be crocheted at home don't they?

Craftybutterfly, you said, in part,

So I can put it on the bag i'm making now, and nobody will know if i dont tell them. I told him, "you've made my day!" :):hook
But why put someone elses name on your bag when I'm sure that yours is as beautiful - if not more so - than a mass-produced Sak bag? I do know the Sak brand and have often thought that a crocheter with a bit of experience could reproduce many of the models that they make.

I'm still a newby in C'ville, but I've discerned such justifiable pride in being able to "crochet it myself" here that it's inspired me to start crocheting again after a 2-year layoff (because too many hours on the PC at work had almost crippled my hands). So tell anyone that asks that "yes" you made it yourself! I think that the person asking will be impressed - even if the person doesn't show it!

Craftybutterfly, you said, in part, But why put someone elses name on your bag when I'm sure that yours is as beautiful - if not more so - than a mass-produced Sak bag? I do know the Sak brand and have often thought that a crocheter with a bit of experience could reproduce many of the models that they make.

Here here! Although, I think it would be fun to make a clone of an expensive bag with tag and when someone compliments your designer bag turn to them with a smile and say "actually, I made it myself." Maybe that would teach a name-brand shopper that they really aren't getting their money's worth of style or prestige.

Either that or you might convert some new crafters!

Archived