What percentage of projects do you give away?

I guess I'm greedy because I make a lot of things to sell. Something has to support my yarn and fabric addiction. I do make some charity stuff, especially at the end of the year. My mom and my brother get a lot of stuff I make too, but I've only made one hat for my dad. Even though I have the intention of starting a project for myself, I'm far too much a perfectionist to keep it. Once I deisgned a purse for myself and I got the handles a bit too wide for my taste. I figured someone else would enjoy it better than me because the handles bugged me. Into my sell box it went. I've already decided that next year I'm going to focus making more things for myself so I can actually enjoy the things I make.

Probably 98%. I have one afghan and a scarf.

I find "victims" for my "Afghan lady" projects du jour. I ask them what colors they like, then surprise them with the finished project. I'd much rather give away something I designed myself, in attractive colors I love. I get the delighted reaction and the fun of working it up.

I may make myself a bright yellow afghan this year. I've been playing with the idea for about 15 years. :lol

DH prefers my knitting projects, oddly enough.

I would estimate I give away 95-99% of the stuff I make...mostly to charity crochet/knit groups for nicu's or rez's...some are gifts...maybe 1 or 2 times a year do I make something for me or my own home!

Archived