How to Stay Married

I'm signed up for Lion Brand's Newsletter. I would copy and past, but that's a no-no. Any one signed up for it - there's little cute little story about a man and wife married for more than 60 years and she cautioned him not to open the shoe box on the top shelf in the closet. Keeping in mind they never had secrets between each other. WHen the wife got very sick and the Doctor said she would not recover - he took down the box and handed it to his wife. SHe opened the box and he asked about the contents - 2 crocheted dolls and $95,000.00. SHe said her Grandmother had told her every time she got angry at the husband to crochet a doll. Seeing only 2, he though this was great, she only got angry with him 2 times. THen he asked about the money. OH, she said - that's the money I made from selling the dolls. :hook

The pattern for the Amigurumi Girl and Boy Dolls (9 1/2") tall are on their site. They are really cute!

I was going to post about this, too. I've heard variations on this story before but never about crocheting. It was a funny story and I agree, cute doll patterns!

I was going to encourage others to sign up for the newsletter too. They are cutle dolls.

Did you notice that the instructions to finish the dolls read, "Put hat on head."? Well who would have thought of that? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Thanks for the heads up:hug, I am going to sign up for this newsletter as well:mail! I heard this story once before, but it was about doilies......no big difference! Darski....Are you SURE the place for the hats are on the heads???:devil

The story brought a wee grin to my face, as well. I'd heard it, but also not about crocheting.

But those patterns are beyond cute! They are saved for me to do after the holidays.

I was going to encourage others to sign up for the newsletter too. They are cutle dolls.

Did you notice that the instructions to finish the dolls read, "Put hat on head."? Well who would have thought of that? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I love the LionBrand newsletter .. and the dolls are adorable, and so is the story .. I for one would NEVER have thought to put the hat on their lil heads .. I probably would have tried using it for shoes :rofl :rofl :laughroll

Archived