Crocheted Lampshade cover

Katchkan

Tonight we were taking pictures of my current project and I happened to glance over on the TV stand and saw the lampshade cover I had made. It's funny how things become so much a part of your life you don't always see them. So while it had my attention I asked Marv to grab a couple quick shots of this so I could share it with you.

This Lamp came out of the back of a friends pickup truck, It was on it's way to the dump. I of course had to rescue the poor thing. There was nothing wrong with this lamp except the lamp shade had seen better days. So I decided to try making a crocheted lampshade cover. I sort of just made it up as I went along till I had the size I needed to fit snuggly over the old lampshade. Always intended to redo the actual lampshade but have never gotten around to it. I used a size thirty thread and a size 12 /1.mmhook. It is done in a ecru color and I love seeing it all lit up.

th_Lampshade4.jpgth_Lampshade1.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow

indeed!

This is what I was sayng elsewhere about crochet - it just makes everything in our lives better. How great is it that you saved that lamp and made it better than it has ever been before . not bad for some string and a hook eh :hook:hug

So beautiful. Now that is something to be very proud of. I would love to try something like that but I am afraid my skill level is not up to it. How did you attach it?

Rose

It is not attached, I made it to fit the shade. It just slides over the old lampshade. I slid it on when it was damp, tweaked it the way I wanted it turned on the lamp and let it dry.

Archived